I recorded this a while ago but for some reason the vocals came out a bit off tune (think I had a bum recording!). Well I redid the vocals and would love for you all to check it out.

This is Seether's cover of "Careless Whisper"... originally done with a jazz flex to it by WHAM! and George Michael. Certainly this is quite a bit different than the Black Balloon cover that I put out the other week, so let me know if this is any good!

All of the vocals are clean (no effects, save decibel controls) and it was recorded back when I actually had a decent amp to read off of so I feel that the guitar has a pretty good tone. Any critiques are encouraged, good and bad, I'm just here to improve.

http://www.myspace.com/shokhazard

Cheers.
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
Last edited by jrrwizard at Jul 15, 2009,
Nice ! great vocals, did you do all the instruments yourself?
Only thing i noticed that needs some work is your vibrato every now and then, and some bends, but overall great!
Thanks! Do you mean vibrato in the vocals or the guitar? I can do both... but I wanted to keep it "simple". Plus, if you know seether's cover, mine is faster in tempo... which makes it a bit harder to put any feel into the vocals.

I did the vocals and guitar, the drums is a backing track from a Guitar Pro tape.
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
yeah, the faster tempo makes it sound a little rushed, but it was still really good! your vocals fit the song well, and the guitars sounded great! excellent job, dude!
Wow, sounds pro. ;0 . im jealous
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Some of the bends at the start were a bit iffy, but you fixed it up pretty quick. One thing I noticed straight away was the quality of the mixing, all the instruments were right where they needed to be. The vocals sounded a little, and sometimes quite ,strained in the chorus, and they really could've used a bit of 'verb, or at least some double tracking, just to thicken up the sound a bit. The scream was good, but the vocals in the bridge sounded really off, like Jim Carrey in Cable Guy weird. I dunno, I haven't heard the Seether version, so I'm comparing this to the WHAM/Michael version. All in all, a decent cover, just need some vocal work more than anything.