Im posting this in the pit to try and not offend many people. But can anyone else not stand John Mayer? For some reason i just cannot like this guy. Yeah he is an amazing guitarist and i have tried to listen to his songs and like him, but i just cant. He just seems like a total tool and cocky i guess.

Your thoughts?
yea hes got the looks, the skeels and therefore he becomes famous. Would you respect him more if he wasnt?
/being a dick

anyways yea i find him kinda annoying sometimes. his cover of bold as love was pretty good tho
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
i dont understand why this is a bad place to post. Im not trying to go out and bash him, im just sharing how i feel and wonder if others feel the same. Like i said, I tried to like him, but i couldnt.
i like his music. yeah, flame me. go for it.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by SeamoreButts667
i dont understand why this is a bad place to post. Im not trying to go out and bash him, im just sharing how i feel and wonder if others feel the same. Like i said, I tried to like him, but i couldnt.

Bands and Artists forum. The Pit is a general discussion place, for random stuff.
Damn 09ers not knowing anything.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Oh, i just figured that i would get bashed like crazy if i posted in the Bands/Artists forums, sorry.

you are going to get bashed here more haha
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Oh, i just figured that i would get bashed like crazy if i posted in the Bands/Artists forums, sorry.

There is probably even a John Mayer Only thread in those forums.
John Mayer's great.

What about him suggests "douche" to some of you?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Jul 15, 2009,
he's nice guy with a good sense of humor

his music isn't bad either, it's just not my favorite type of music which is why i don't listen to him. he's not an "amazing" guitarist, i don't stand in awe when watching his play...but he's like your standard strat wearing blues guy which in the end isn't a bad thing.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat