Hey everyone! What in your opinion is the best shredders guitar for its price. We are talking 500-1200 dollar range USD. Im looking to get something.....but that's beside the point. I just want to spark ideas from this thread. thanks!
POST!

Personally I was looking at the Ibanez RG's, but I here you have to look out for the crap trems...also the jackson soloists look nice.
Ibanez RG3120.

I was an idiot to get rid of mine. That guitar played itself
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
any rg thats rg5## and up(made in japan) wont have a crap trem. Ebay deals for these guys are a steal. especially for a rg570 and 550.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
yeh agreed.

Ibanez have some nice necks.

how much do washburn guitars go for in the states?
Woot! New Zealand...
Scchecter Hellraiser Series
Ibanez S520EX
Schecter Blackjack ATX
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Any new Charvel guitar for 1000 dollars will destroy the competition in this segment.
I havnt played one but ive been looking at the Schecter Hellraisers($749) and the ESP EC-1000($879), ive heard lots of good things about them you should take a look.
Why would he buy an LTD when he has more than enough money to buy a real ESP?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I dunno about the Schecter Hellraiser as a shred guitar, the Neck is pretty thick and the top frets are kind of hard to get to. Damn good guitar overall though.
Quote by mexican_shred
any rg thats rg5## and up(made in japan) wont have a crap trem. Ebay deals for these guys are a steal. especially for a rg570 and 550.

+1, assuming you like wizard necks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jackson DK2's
The Guitar Center in Boston has them for $399.
Comes with SD JB/Jazz. Great deal.
Schecter Hellraiser is a pretty good guitar... Also the Ibanez RGs would be good too. Umm possibly an ESP? Just a couple that came to mind.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 15, 2009,
Wrong forum.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

DUDE!

go to the guitar center website, look up the ibanez rg5ex1,
it's amazing an cheap, plus with new pups, even bare knuckles, a tremol-no, and hard case you'll be under one grand, and that's including labor for pups and tremol-no and a full setup
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
DUDE!

go to the guitar center website, look up the ibanez rg5ex1,
it's amazing an cheap, plus with new pups, even bare knuckles, a tremol-no, and hard case you'll be under one grand, and that's including labor for pups and tremol-no and a full setup

DUDE!

about the tremel-no dont give suggestions on something you have no experience in, stay away from the tremel-no, it's just a super expensive beer opener. I had it on my jackson for about a year and all it did was make a nasty grinding noise and kill my sustain/flutter and come out of tune when in "locked mode". stay away.

also, why tell someone to take a $400 guitar, and then spend $200-300 more on top of that just for a guitar that's still a cheap ibanez with a POS bridge, and a not so nice neck. You're in used prestige range with $700.

edit- for $1200, you could almost get a new prestige, or track down a sweet J-custom.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by conor1148
DUDE!

about the tremel-no dont give suggestions on something you have no experience in, stay away from the tremel-no, it's just a super expensive beer opener. I had it on my jackson for about a year and all it did was make a nasty grinding noise and kill my sustain/flutter and come out of tune when in "locked mode". stay away.

also, why tell someone to take a $400 guitar, and then spend $200-300 more on top of that just for a guitar that's still a cheap ibanez with a POS bridge, and a not so nice neck. You're in used prestige range with $700.

edit- for $1200, you could almost get a new prestige, or track down a sweet J-custom.

I just installed the one I got a while back in my RG7620, it goes horribly out of tune in "locked mode," I don't get it. I unlock it, and it goes back in tune

And agree completely. Schecter Hellraisers can be found for $500, and are not really a shred guitar. They have fat necks and aren't really built for the average player to play with speed. Ibanez Prestige/J-Custom, Jackson Soloists, ESP Horizons and Carvin are the way to go.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by conor1148
DUDE!

cheepest i've seen a j custom go for has been 1500 used, and 1900 new, which is still pretty damn cheap. however, imo the 700 prestige ones are still a much nicer bargain/deal, and feel more "rg" to me than a j custom .
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
my tremol-no stayed in tune fine in "locked" mode, but i couldn't fit the deep C (to allow dive only) without impeding the up-pull... i think it's because it wasn't designed for a gotoh trem. Also i could "feel" the tremol-no when i used the trem. I took it out... it worked (for me, anyway), but it wasn't as easy to use as the videos suggested, and had some flaws (at least with my trem)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mexican_shred

+1

Here's your list of good/bad trems

http://lawl.net/gtr/trems