I am from the US and am looking to study abroad. I am interested in going to a university in Australia, but I am not sure what universities are good. I am studying Mechanical Engineering and music, so I am looking for a university that has both (so it will probably be one of the larger universities). I have been looking up info on the University of Queensland, so if you have any info on that school I would appreciate it.
I am looking for suggestions on where to go, please help meh.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Monash uni is pretty big, one of the better schools around.

But dude, Australia isn't the greatest for Education.

Edit: According to my friend, Monash is the second best in Aus. And it's right over from my high school =o
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by sk8ordie97
google? :P

Im looking for more of opinions/personal preferences, not just a ranking of the best universities.

Edit: According to my friend, Monash is the second best in Aus. And it's right over from my high school =o

Good education? Im just looking for a good time!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by funkyducky
umm the top unis are anu, melbourne, monash. if you wanna do mech engineering/music, then i'd say melbourne uni is probably a good one.

I will look into it, Thanks!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Yeah Griffith university in Queensland looks pretty good.

I'll probably end up studying 3d animation there in 2 years.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
University of Wollongong (UOW), best engineering university in NSW, and one of the finest in Australia, I have friends who go there and they love it.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
Quote by sacamano79
Im looking for more of opinions/personal preferences, not just a ranking of the best universities.

Good education? Im just looking for a good time!

Well, come to monash and smoke weed with me =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by denfilade
University of Western Sydney! They'll accept anyone, no matter how dumb you are =)

lol so true
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
well, my brother is studying Mechanical Engineering at Curtin Uni in Western Aus, so think about there
Quote by Jesstaa

monash 2nd best in australia?! thats like saying catholics dont like little boys...
but on topic
i got to melbourne uni... and it is very good for science / engineering subjects (coincidently i do science / engineering subjects)
ive heard that the music side is good... but its more classical stuff.
im gonna start a music subject next year.. but thats probably too late to help you decide :P
If looks coud really kill,

then my profession would be staring.

I go to Griffith University.

We do quite well in Law and Music.

Not so much for engineering, I'd recommend The University of Queensland for engineering-ish subjects.

I wouldn't touch QUT with a ten foot pole though.

That said, your best bet for a good time and education would be Melbourne.

EDIT:
Oh yes, forgot about the whole international student thing. Griffith <3's foreign people, so odds are if you applied by smearing **** on a piece of paper they'd still accept you .
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Last edited by Shredder XXX at Jul 15, 2009,
newcastle offers engineering/music combined.
it's one of the better australian uni's, and it is really really into supporting international students.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Jesstaa

What?

Anyway, if you're thinking about doing music, is it classical or contemporary? The ANU is STRICTLY classical music.
QUT is the bomb. Don't be hating.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
Come to Newcastle Uni. We've got so many international students from the US, Canada and Asia its unbelievable.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by XianXiuHong
What?

Anyway, if you're thinking about doing music, is it classical or contemporary? The ANU is STRICTLY classical music.

i have to agree with the bold; australia has an excellent education system.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
i have to agree with the bold; australia has an excellent education system.

Plus we have two freaking pubs on campus.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.