Hi everyone.

So after my last thread i now know i have a s h i t amp

I know some people on here are sick of these threads ,but like i say im a beginner

and im not a kid and i have got some money and im not spunging of me parents .

I live in an appartment so i wouldnt want anything to loud, but i can crank it up when theres no one around if you know what i mean.

Im in to kings of leon , oasis and acdc that kind of thing ,so i would really like an amp

to suit please .

thanks for your help
Also what do you want?

Combo? Half-stack? A better modeller? A tube amp?

Details of the guitar would be nice too.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm gonna assume you want something not to expensive. I'm a tube guy so I'll throw out the low wattage amps that are more affordable. Orange Tiny Terror (15w), Blackstar HT-5 (5w), Vox Night Train (15w), Blackheart Little Giant (5w) and Handsome Devil (15w), Epiphone Valve Jr. (5w, but highly mod-able). For an apartment 5w is probably best but most of the 15w have half power switches and would still be usable for practice or small gigs. Which is the best, well thats really up to your ears but the most functional is probably the Blackstar.
Quote by ragingkitty
Also what do you want?

Combo? Half-stack? A better modeller? A tube amp?

Details of the guitar would be nice too.

im not to sure what to get for the best thats why im asking.
I'm not an amp expert, but I was thinking Orange and Vox (as mentioned above!), as they'd have a nice sound suitable for the bands you mentioned.
ive got a tanglewood semi hollow body only cost about £280 been told i might need some better pick ups.

also got a tokia les paul custom, but i love the semi, my first love.
Quote by ctb
I'm not an amp expert, but I was thinking Orange and Vox (as mentioned above!), as they'd have a nice sound suitable for the bands you mentioned.

yeh ive heard about the vox aswell, thanks mate
Quote by ctb

+1

The Night Train would cover all your genres well
Quote by fretz86
I'm gonna assume you want something not to expensive. I'm a tube guy so I'll throw out the low wattage amps that are more affordable. Orange Tiny Terror (15w), Blackstar HT-5 (5w), Vox Night Train (15w), Blackheart Little Giant (5w) and Handsome Devil (15w), Epiphone Valve Jr. (5w, but highly mod-able). For an apartment 5w is probably best but most of the 15w have half power switches and would still be usable for practice or small gigs. Which is the best, well thats really up to your ears but the most functional is probably the Blackstar.

thanks for your advice mate
is it best to have a smaller amp that you can turn up more or a bigger amp on low levels to get a better sound .

sorry to seem like a dumb ass.
Chech out Carvin....I've heard a lot of great things about there amps.
If you want a tube amp, you wanna be able to turn it up (low wattages ftw). If you're going for Solid State, try get higher watt as they sound like shít when turned up.

Do you play gigs or just bedroom practice? To end all mystery, what guitar do you have? Also, how much money do you have to spend?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
I personally like the Tiny Terror better than the Night Train, but I also have a raging hard on for Orange Amplifiers...but either of the those two would cover the genres you said perfectly

Also in the same price range is the Bugera 1960 Plexi, which looks like it has some serious potential for being an awesome amp (I've only seen one demo)
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Juadafi
If you want a tube amp, you wanna be able to turn it up (low wattages ftw). If you're going for Solid State, try get higher watt as they sound like shít when turned up.

Do you play gigs or just bedroom practice? To end all mystery, what guitar do you have? Also, how much money do you have to spend?

just bedroom stuff mate. got a hollow body semi, want to spend £200 to £300.

been looking at reviews on the blackstar ht5 combo ,sounds pretty good.
I personally like the Tiny Terror better than the Night Train, but I also have a raging hard on for Orange Amplifiers...but either of the those two would cover the genres you said perfectly

+1 I share that raging hard on. As for your question about bigger or smaller. I strongly recommend you getting a tube amp once you play one for a while solid state will just not do anymore. With tubes, turning the amp up full blast produces the richest, creamiest distortion, really opens up the dynamics and harmonics of the amps. So simply go small, 15 watts of class A tube power (like the Tiny Terror) will hurt you in a bedroom. Honestly 5 watts is plenty to piss off your neighbors in an apartment. Smaller is better in this case.
Last edited by fretz86 at Jul 15, 2009,
Also check out the Egnater Rebel 20, a bit more power but the amp has a variable wattage knob that will take it down to one watt.
Quote by Metlhead443

+1 I share that raging hard on. As for your question about bigger or smaller. I strongly recommend you getting a tube amp once you play one for a while solid state will just not do anymore. With tubes, turning the amp up full blast produces the richest, creamiest distortion, really opens up the dynamics and harmonics of the amps. So simply go small, 15 watts of class A tube power (like the Tiny Terror) will hurt you in a bedroom. Honestly 5 watts is plenty to piss off your neighbors in an apartment. Smaller is better in this case.

you have just made me laugh mate