where would you find see-thru plastic guitars, i wouldnt mind havin one, but where to get one

plus wat would they sound like, i kno wood effects the sound of a normal guitar, but wat would plastic sound like o.0
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
An acrylic? Ebay is the best bet, though there are certain brands that manufacture them.
They sound brighter and clearer than solid wood guitars. You can find clips on YouTube.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Ampeg Dan Armstrong

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
didn't rob flynn from machine head use one aswell, bc rich i think

An acrilic Warlock
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
id like to get one in a rhodes shape =P
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
i need some help

i saw an acrylic les paul online (i think ebay) it was about 300 dollars and i wanna kno if its any good. some ppl say acrylic guitars r really really heave but idc about the weight cuz the guitar i have now is heavy too. i also heard that it makes weird sounds cuz its not made of wood- could that be prevented with a good amp?
I think one of the guitarists from Nickelback used an acrylic V a few years back.

I'd get one of those, but fill it with some sort of colored liquid. That would be awesome.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I think one of the guitarists from Nickelback used an acrylic V a few years back.

I'd get one of those, but fill it with some sort of colored liquid. That would be awesome.

Kirk Hammet done that a while ago.
I've been intrigued by these for quite a while now that you mention it...
I've wanted to get one for awhile, but forgot. Lol.

I thought about making my own, then I found out they were acrylic.

The only fault I'm finding in these guitars is the weak hardware. generic guitar company humbuckers, beginner guitar tune-o-matic bridges....
The Acrylic BC riches suck. I've tried 'em. They're really heavy, because acrylic is more dense than most guitar woods, but it still feels cheap. The humbuckers sound really dark and muddy. I wouldn't recommend it.

The Ampeg Dan Armstrong was actually designed with tone, rather than looks, in mind. I haven't played one, but it's known as a pretty darn awesome guitar. However, it's also pretty darn expensive.
Quote by Crizzle
Kirk Hammet done that a while ago.
I've been intrigued by these for quite a while now that you mention it...

You mean this?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Galveston makes acrylic guitars, but none are over $400.
www.galvestonguitars.org is the website.

I'd buy their acrylic strat, but god only knows how crappy those single coils are.... and for $190 its probably not worth it.

There's a 3 neck guitar on there, but the only reason why its $600 is because it's 3 of their ****ty guitars in one. it has a 6 string, 7 string and 12 string neck...

By the way, here's Dillion guitars acrylic series...
http://dillionguitars.com/crystalseries/tunnel.html
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 27, 2009,
Dave from foo fighters uses one live.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
id say go ebay to find one. bc rich had a whole series of them called ice, the red ones are very cool robb flyn of machine head uses one. i saw them at mayhem last year and it sounded really good, idk what those other dudes are talking about
i saw an acrylic bc rich mockingbird a while back at a pawn shop for $150. Ive heard the suatain is pretty good . but ill tell u one thing they r freakin heavy
Very heavy. I want to get an acrylic V with 24 frets. Swap out the pickups for some passive duncan's for sure.