Which amp will get me what I want more?:

Cleans: Stuff like U2 cleans...."Where The Streets Have No Name" comes to mind.

Overdrive: Stuff that can go as heavy as hard rock/lighter metalcore stuff....Underoath and Velvet Revolver come to mind.

I also want it to be able to take effect pedals well.
Quote by Gabel
VC50 has more OD and would be better suited for you!

+1
VC50 can get very heavy. Not sure on cleans though, but they should be good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm not making any purchases just yet...I first want my versus argument to be solved. Neither of these, I can walk in and try at a music store....so I must rely on your opinions.
The V50 gets a fair amount of gain on it's own. Both are very nice amps. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Both are voiced very similarly.
get the v50, beastly amp. the cleans are fantastic and it can get a large amount of gain on its own.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Palo, awesome amps, my V32 can get a pretty good amount of gain, great for hard rock, the V50 can probably get even more gain. They also have creat cleans.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Yes, yes, I'm sure they both had great cleans, but what KIND of cleans do each have?
the Palo has voxy cleans
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Always-Ben
Yes, yes, I'm sure they both had great cleans, but what KIND of cleans do each have?

Apparently the VC50 has the same CLEAN preamp as the VC30.
So, VC50 has VC cleans - which are VERY good. Perfect for U2 cleans [A lot of people say the VC30 has a similar clean to the AC30. All I know is that the VC15 has better cleans then the AC15].

So, the VC50 has very good cleans perfect for U2.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
As an owner of a MIA Palomino, get the Laney. It is on another level tbh. The Palo series were a good affordable budget tube amp and the VC50 is the amp Paul Gilbert has used for a while (not sure if he still does). It is a no brainer to me. Go with the VC50.
I own a VC50 and while I cant speak for the Palomino, im sure you wouldnt regret getting the Laney. It is a really nice amp and very reliable- mines older than i am and still works like new. Tone wise its comparable to Fender cleans with Marshall overdrive and the amp tech i took it too said that the circuitry is almost identical. It is also extremely versatile.

I know that there are some good videos of the vc50 being used on youtube and probably the same for the Crate. Give it a look to get a better idea of the sound you can get out of them.
best signature ever