Hey guys. So Im in the US Army and Im currently deployed in South Korea. Now at home I have a 1960 Gibson LP, and Im not risking getting that shipped here becuase the post mail system is a little iffy, lol. Anyways, Ive been getting into playing harder stuff like Black Label Society and the likes, and that is the sound I want to achieve. Something that will really grab pinch harmonics and pound out some riffs.
Since Im not gettin my LP shipped here, what would you guys recommend for a setup that is, basically, from scratch. I dont want anything too fancy for over here, just enough. Price isnt an object, but I want to keep it low key. So I need an amp and guitar that are decent for that sound.

Thanks to everyone for checkin this out
Hooah America
if your into BLS and like LPs, epiphone do a good zakk wylde LP which is great value for money
not too sure on amps though
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Are you near Seoul? If you are, and you can get out of base or whatever its called for a day, go to this one music store. I don't remember the name, but it was something like 3rd street or something. Sorry. Anyway, its a huge, 3-4 story music store. I'm going there next week and from what my relatives told me, its real nice.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
well from what ive heard zakk uses marshall amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsk8r91
practice young padawan and your fingers strong they will one day be, HMMMmmm.

this
I'm fairly sure I'll always recommend a Michael Kelly Vex or Hex Deluxe. Vex is hardtail, hex is OFR. Great guitars, well built and great customer service. Not to sure on amps, but i've got a hex Deluxe that I love. Decent cleans from the active pups (everything rockfield makes is awesome), nice fast neck etc. Maybe get a cheap little practice amp and a modeler like a GNX4? Or even just a good 112 or 212 cab and a modeler?
Last edited by Issor at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Issor
I'm fairly sure I'll always recommend a Michael Kelly Vex or Hex Deluxe. Vex is hardtail, hex is OFR. Great guitars, well built and great customer service. Not to sure on amps, but i've got a hex Deluxe that I love. Decent cleans from the active pups (everything rockfield makes is awesome), nice fast neck etc. Maybe get a cheap little practice amp and a modeler like a GNX4? Or even just a good 112 or 212 cab and a modeler?

i take it the TS just wants something to keep his skills up and to releive any boredom when not on duty, i think a big 212 combo is going to be awkward especially if he gets deployed to some other country

the epiphone sounds like a reasonable suggestion for him as for a amp surely something a little smaller with perhaps a 8" speaker, just to make transporting easier.