i recently bought a line 6 spider 3 30 and i have a zoom g2... i am trying to get it to work with the amp but every time i put it through the clean channel on the amp it just sounds like absolute s***.. i have put the zoom through my peavy amp and it sounds fine but i would like to get it working with the line 6.. so if anyone else here has a zoom g2 and has managed to get it working with a line 6 then help would be appreciated.

if your just going to say that i shouldn't have bought the line 6 then don't bother replying.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
I don't think you will get any replies in that case.

The Line 6 clean channel is not a 'proper' [in my book] clean channel, as it still models the signal.
Which means that any sound from your Zoom is being modelled by the Line 6, producing the horrible mess you can hear.

Your Peavey is a true SS amp, so no modelling on clean channel.
Playing with the zoom on your Peavey's clean channel just means that the zoom is amplified.

In other words, Peavey Bandit > Line 6 Spider
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Jul 15, 2009,
keep playing with your zoom g2 until you get a decent sound. and make sure all effects on your line 6 are off as well.
hmm i've tried fiddling with the zoom and the amp for ages but i think that Simsimius is right...maybe i should just stick to playing my zoom through the bandit
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
you can`t run 2 dsps` like that you effectively running two preamps in series i`d switch off the preamp and modeller in the zoom and just use the individual fx in the zoom

sorry tthat you bought a line sh*tz
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 15, 2009,
does your zoom have a line level to guitar level switch, & does your line 6 amp have and input gain knob that responds to the clean channel.

i use to have a spider III 75watt combo and i ran an old digitech RP-100 through the clean channel with no issues, i found that on the clean channels the drive knob also worked as input gain and if things got a bit to hot with the digitech RP-100 i just turned the drive knob down and it was all good. you can also blend distortions on the lower gain settings like the crunch modes.

iv also ran many stomp box pedals thought it, some sounded good, some sounded ****. i guess not all pedals work with all amps...

keep at it dude, im sure you will figure it out!
Keep Rocking
alf...
just tried doing that and no it doesn't work.. ah well i think that i will just have to use it with the peavy
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
that's the exact reason why i got rid of my spider III and replaced it with a bandit 112 with a sheffield! but tbh i don't think you can get it to work without making it sound terrible. even my crybaby sounded like shit through my spider. maybe the people who you bought it from will let you return it. buying mine despite what everyone said about them on UG is probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
i don't think i will get rid of it but its a pain in the arse not being able to switch between different settings quickly and i cba to buy the fbv pedal for the line 6

i will probably just keep it to use as a bedroom amp.
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by Outlaw Torn
i don't think i will get rid of it but its a pain in the arse not being able to switch between different settings quickly and i cba to buy the fbv pedal for the line 6

i will probably just keep it to use as a bedroom amp.

This is the best move, you won't be able to get a good tone with that setup.
yh the tone i can get from my peavy is much better than the line 6 even without the zoom going through it.. i mean i like the line 6 but if anyone were to gig with it then that would just be plain stupid!
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Try running your Zooa pedal through one of the Line 6 high gain channnels, but turn the gain all the way down. That way you are getting the gain from the zoom pedal, instead of from the amp and pedal.

Also, they make a pedal for the line 6 so you can switch between all the channels you have saved.