Yes, I know the title of the thread is lame, but I just wana promote this 'face melting solo' to you guys to rate and comment on....tq very much for your patience....do rate on comment on it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9cIbazkA3Q
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Tune your guitars.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The rhythm guitar was rented guys..sorry bout it, it was kinda rushed....sorry....

Yeah, the cameraman kinda sucked...i wish had a better guy...haiz...

haha, thnx for support guys, and rating and comments....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
well. tremolo picked scales. Not my cuppa tea really. Gunna have to agree with the boring comment
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It was boring. Sorry.

I'm sorry sir, that post was unnecessary and insulting to the TS, thus it is spam, which is prohibited by the forum's rules.
Thank you.
*reported*

/Carmel's left kidney

just kidding
Quote by CoreysMonster
things you need:

1. tuner
2. metronome
3. a better camera man
4. Years more practice before my face gets even slightly lukewarm
5. R&R forum

fixed.
^^ Its aite guys, take it easy....i understand its not everyones cup of tea...in fact all these comments actually help me reflect more on my playin, give a little thought into it, ya know...
Cuz its my passion, its all i ever think about....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
^^ Its aite guys, take it easy....i understand its not everyones cup of tea...in fact all these comments actually help me reflect more on my playin, give a little thought into it, ya know...

yeah, we've all been there.

but right when you think you've done something awesome, someone has to come, give you a slap and show you how much you still suck and how far you have to go.

music is more than just playing notes at the right time, and we all have to learn that
remember, criticism isn't personal
Quote by kennethdave

Keep it up, just keep enjoying what you do and good luck.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, we've all been there.

but right when you think you've done something awesome, someone has to come, give you a slap and show you how much you still suck and how far you have to go.

music is more than just playing notes at the right time, and we all have to learn that
remember, criticism isn't personal

YEah, i feel you man..tq very much.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by Jehuty
Keep it up, just keep enjoying what you do and good luck.

I will man, tq...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm sorry sir, that post was unnecessary and insulting to the TS, thus it is spam, which is prohibited by the forum's rules.
Thank you.
*reported*

/Carmel's left kidney

just kidding

How so? He just gave an opinion. That's not against the rules.

I personally didn't like it very much either. I mean yeah it was cool, and that dude can play guitar, but it really was kinda boring.

Props though, keep working at it dude.
Last edited by Vypor at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Vypor
How so? He just gave an opinion. That's not against the rules.

I personally didn't like it very much either. I mean yeah it was cool, and that dude can play guitar, but it really was kinda boring.

Props though, keep working at it dude.

look at the bottom right of the post, it was only a joke I was spoofing that my_pony_bit_me guy
The part at 2.37 was painful.
The rest wasn't bad, just nothing special.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
^^^ Painful as in????

Just feel free to elaborate...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
The beginning was cool apart from the rhythm guitarist awful clean tone and out of time playing.

I liked the riffs you came up with for the most part until the shredding started. No offense, but it was very very cliched and pretty much what you see everyone doing. The key to guitar solos and improvising is contour and variety. Not just fastly played scales with no real meaning.

Throw in some legato licks, melodic bluesy stuff, fast sweeping, anything to keep the listener engaged more than just fastly playing basic licks, which no offense are not that hard to play. To me what makes a lick hard is not how fast it is but more complex fingerings and techniques that are harder to play cleanly.

It's not hard to play a pentatonic lick or 16th note scale run fast and clean, but trying playing something really quirky and unusual like a greg howe lick and see how much harder that is.

And I really am not a fan of how you stop playing every 20 seconds and raise your hand in the air like you are paul gilbert or something. Just play man, you shouldn't have to do some sort of gesture to cause the crowd to cheer, this is not 1985 and you are not in a hair metal band.

Still I got to give you props, you played in front of people and you played cleanly, good luck in the future.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Necrophagist777

And I really am not a fan of how you stop playing every 20 seconds and raise your hand in the air like you are paul gilbert or something. Just play man, you shouldn't have to do some sort of gesture to cause the crowd to cheer, this is not 1985 and you are not in a hair metal band.

Wait... when the hell did we get that memo?

*sulks and starts putting away latex trousers*
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
another snoozecore band

Band? did you even watch the video, it's one dude

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
*constructive*
I felt lethargic after a 1:00 .. Understand the need for Variety.. I'm not a shredder, but I would have liked to have seen some more technique Other than just speed picking scales.. IMHO, the true melodic shredders such as Joe Satriani, steve vai, etc... have a Mastery of Legato and sweeping skills.. to my ears at least. (to expand on the speed picking comment) .. I find that unless speed picking is sparingly used to lightly flavor a guitar piece, It makes the whole thing sound Amateur and completely recycled..

credit to you though for your Clean playing and obvious talent !!!
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Quote by jshwak
*constructive*
I felt lethargic after a 1:00 .. Understand the need for Variety.. I'm not a shredder, but I would have liked to have seen some more technique Other than just speed picking scales.. IMHO, the true melodic shredders such as Joe Satriani, steve vai, etc... have a Mastery of Legato and sweeping skills.. to my ears at least. (to expand on the speed picking comment) .. I find that unless speed picking is sparingly used to lightly flavor a guitar piece, It makes the whole thing sound Amateur and completely recycled..

credit to you though for your Clean playing and obvious talent !!!

How I feel exactly.

All the best shredders have a very melodic side to them as well. Guys like Andy Timmons are a great example. That guy gives me a tonegasm every time i listen to him.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
The beginning was cool apart from the rhythm guitarist awful clean tone and out of time playing.

I liked the riffs you came up with for the most part until the shredding started. No offense, but it was very very cliched and pretty much what you see everyone doing. The key to guitar solos and improvising is contour and variety. Not just fastly played scales with no real meaning.

Throw in some legato licks, melodic bluesy stuff, fast sweeping, anything to keep the listener engaged more than just fastly playing basic licks, which no offense are not that hard to play. To me what makes a lick hard is not how fast it is but more complex fingerings and techniques that are harder to play cleanly.

It's not hard to play a pentatonic lick or 16th note scale run fast and clean, but trying playing something really quirky and unusual like a greg howe lick and see how much harder that is.

Still I got to give you props, you played in front of people and you played cleanly, good luck in the future.

Yeah, i clearly understand you...haha, raising me hands was just for the fun of it...haha

Yeah, i do work hard at playing cleanly....i do have a lot of recordings which i dont do these kind of stuff....thing is, when i plan before playing, and play on the spot, i play differently...

When i'm recording, i do think of the emotion behind it, the groups of notes workin together and my soul put into it...

But these vids i put up are nothin planned at all....i'm playin right there on the spot, what you see is what you get, every mistake and stuff...the thing is whenever i start playin on the spot, i go to this natural mode of note blasting, things i'm comfortable with instead of pulling off some 'dirty' playin....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
Yeah, i clearly understand you...haha, raising me hands was just for the fun of it...haha

Yeah, i do work hard at playing cleanly....i do have a lot of recordings which i dont do these kind of stuff....thing is, when i plan before playing, and play on the spot, i play differently...

When i'm recording, i do think of the emotion behind it, the groups of notes workin together and my soul put into it...

But these vids i put up are nothin planned at all....i'm playin right there on the spot, what you see is what you get, every mistake and stuff...the thing is whenever i start playin on the spot, i go to this natural mode of note blasting, things i'm comfortable with instead of pulling off some 'dirty' playin....

Yea I feel you man, I did a similar gig not too long ago and I had to fight myself going to into natural shred mode.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
^ Haha, exactly man, i just cant help it....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"