Ok just snapped it there now and i'm stringing my guitar with fender original bullets which range from .009 to .042. Right now I haven't a clue about guages on guitar strings and i've been playing for about 4 years now lol and i'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what would be the same as the .011 string aka B string that I just snapped, like a different make because you can't get fender strings in my town only like ernie ball etc.

Thanks
i did not understand a thing you just said. Maybe reword the thread?

you can use ernier ball strings, you don't have to use fender strings.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
ok I dunno what gauge the fender strings are and I was wondering what ernie ball strings would be the same gauge that i should buy?
you got to buy a whole set dude, so just buy the .009 - .042s and use the b string from that, then you got 5 spares... doesn't really matter what make tbh..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

just reread your thread, if you don't know what guage strings you got on, either find out (take guitar, or the snapped b string to a guitar shop, or just replace the whole set... not like strings are that expensive....
Quote by MastaBassist10

Just go into a shop and ask for a B string. The guage will be like 0.11 for you if you're using 0.9's.

Doesn't matter what brand really.

Or buy a whole set.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by bloke
you got to buy a whole set dude, so just buy the .009 - .042s and use the b string from that, then you got 5 spares... doesn't really matter what make tbh..
No, no you don't. Maybe if your guitar shops sucks you do, but whatever.

Cursory research suggests that the proper gauge is .011. I'd get a whole new set myself, but you shouldn't have to unless you want to.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
No, no you don't. Maybe if your guitar shops sucks you do, but whatever.

Cursory research suggests that the proper gauge is .011. I'd get a whole new set myself, but you shouldn't have to unless you want to.

meh alright i've never actually tried to buy one, you can get a set of ebay for so cheap its really not worth buying individual strings unless your ridiculously broke...
Quote by MastaBassist10

just re string your whole guitar man, unless youre completely broke or something.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
take the broken string into a guitar shop and they can measure it to see what gauge it is.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by GrisKy
wow, did this thread really deserve 10... 11... replies?

Do you really have to be a jerk everywhere? I've not seen you make one nice comment on this forum yet.

Anyways, to the TS, I would recommend buying a whole new set of .09s and changing all your strings. In my experience, having one different string on a guitar feels very strange. And guitar strings are cheap enough that it's not a big deal. At least you don't have to buy bass strings lol. Those are expensive.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Do you really have to be a jerk everywhere? I've not seen you make one nice comment on this forum yet.

Just buy a new set. I don't know why this would even need to be asked. And use a whole new set or else the tone won't match string to string.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Just buy a new set. I don't know why this would even need to be asked. And use a whole new set or else the tone won't match string to string.

see what i mean, mm? it's like there's no such thing as common sense around here, just a bunch of turds who want to cyber cuddle their turdish bodies and tell each other how nice their turds smell!
Quote by GrisKy
see what i mean, mm? it's like there's no such thing as common sense around here, just a bunch of turds who want to cyber cuddle their turdish bodies and tell each other how nice their turds smell!

You took the words right out of my ... er. mouth. ick.
Quote by BobDetroit
You took the words right out of my ... er. mouth. ick.

good to see there's also a sense of humor!