Hi

the brace on my classical guitar has broken away from the body where it was glued , does anybody know what type of glue i should use to repair it, thanks.
Do me a favor and don't reglue it yourself. Even though you know where it came from and think you know how and where to replace it, it is more involved than you realize. The old glue must be shaved, reglued and fitted to be put back on, and it has to be done very precisely (especially for a classical) or else it won't resonate as well as it could.

To answer your question, because I hate it when people don't answer mine and give advice instead, it was most likely originally glued with either hide glue, or a white glue (such as heavy strength wood glue.) It it's a newer guitar then its probably some type of white glue...if its really old (pre-1960's) or stupidly high quality, then it could be hide glue. The specific type of glue doesn't really matter as long as you would use one of those two.

Again though, don't do it yourself...it would be way too easy to screw up your guitar, and I doubt it would cost too much at all to get it done.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
^ I agree -- better to have a professional do it. Your braces are also radiused so shaving off the old glue, unless it is done properly, may change the shape of the brace and affect the glue joint. If it is hide glue, it's easier because there's no need to remove the old glue, but you have the problem of having to use hide glue to repair the joint which is a pain in itself. Titebond origional is the best thing to use as far as availability and ease of use, but only use the origional formula for your guitar. But, rechord has it right -- better let a professional do it for you.
Ok, thanks for the replies i think ill take your advice and leave it to a professional

Out of interest does anybody know what causes the brace to brake
Quote by ApolloAsh
Ok, thanks for the replies i think ill take your advice and leave it to a professional

Out of interest does anybody know what causes the brace to brake
There could be tons of reasons, and unless we could look at your guitar, there really isn't a way for us to know what happened. Normally it is a result of either the guitar having the crap beaten out of it, an inadequate piece of word being used for the brace, or occasionally a warping piece of wood that will pull apart from the brace. The professional you take it to will be able to tell you the cause.

BTW, good choice on choosing to get it done professionally.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!