I really need help with this,

I just bought a Bugera 412h Cab and I must check if it is actually working (bought on Ebay), but I only have one amp to do this with, a Fender FM100H. I will buy a bugera 6262 to my cab but right now I have to check if it's working as soon as possible.

my question:

On the back of the Fender FM100H It says " Speaker min. 4 ohm, 100 watt" and on the back of my Bugera 412h it says "16 ohm Mono / 8 ohm stereo per channel." Will I be able to plug in amp to the cab without damaging any of it? (I'm going to plug it in as a Mono channel)

This thing with Ohm and that kind of stuff is new to me, I hope someone can help me with this, it is very important.

Greetings from Sweden
Last edited by Andreasdarude at Jul 15, 2009,
Yes. You can run a cab of higher impedance than the amp output but never lower impedance. If you want to use it beyond just testing it would be better to re-wire the cab as 4 x 16 ohm speakers all in parallel. This will give you a 4 ohm cab but remember to note the original wiring so you can put it back when you need to.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Yes. You can run a cab of higher impedance than the amp output but never lower impedance. If you want to use it beyond just testing it would be better to re-wire the cab as 4 x 16 ohm speakers all in parallel. This will give you a 4 ohm cab but remember to note the original wiring so you can put it back when you need to.

thanks alot!