The three i am considering....

little big muff
big muff
big muff w/tone wicker

The difference in price doesn't matter.

Which do you like?

Any difference for les paul or strat?

Thanks.
I'm not really a fan of the tone wicker one, just cuz I don't think I'd ever use it, and I don't know that much about the Little Big Muff. But with the original ones, if you want a more dirty distortion go with the American Big Muff, but if you want more clarity with the tone, go with the Russian Big Muff.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I'm not really a fan of the tone wicker one, just cuz I don't think I'd ever use it, and I don't know that much about the Little Big Muff. But with the original ones, if you want a more dirty FUZZ go with the American Big Muff, but if you want more of a DISTORTION , go with the Russian Big Muff.

Fixed
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I was close enough! lol. The Russian Muff does have more clarity though, at least from clips I've heard of it.

Quote by The Real Ming
Owning all three, I say go with the Tone Wicker.

See, GNR, this is the type of advice I take seriously. People have this idea that they must post... If you don't know what your talking about, don't post.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86

See, GNR, this is the type of advice I take seriously. People have this idea that they must post... If you don't know what your talking about, don't post.

I will take your advice, mate

I actually don't know that much about the Russian Muff, I'll admit that. I've just heard it being used at shows and stuff a lot.
but I've had experience with the American Big Muff, so I'll give myself credit on that one
I just picked up a Big muff with tone wicker................i liked my russian muff better.
Big Muff w/ TW for me. Same sounds as the American BM, plus more.
Big Muff is brilliant also, but quite large, which is awesome but if space is at a premium I would go for the Tone wicker. The little Big Muff doesn't sound as good as the other big muffs imo.
In Soviet Russia, Big Muff gets you!

But all jokes aside, get the USSR Muff.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

I will take your advice, mate

I actually don't know that much about the Russian Muff, I'll admit that. I've just heard it being used at shows and stuff a lot.
but I've had experience with the American Big Muff, so I'll give myself credit on that one

Then leave it to people who do . I own one, it's pretty versatile but I don't think it is that clarified stock. With the creamy dreamer mod, I think it gets more clarified. Might just be my ear though. It's a very good Black Sabbath, stoner/doom metal pedal (it sounds great with the song Sweet Leaf), and it works well enough for grunge/punk too.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
In Soviet Russia, Big Muff gets you!

But all jokes aside, get the USSR Muff.

sigged
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Last edited by CullenT at Jul 15, 2009,
Well if you know how to set your EQs on your amp and use the pickups / tone dials on your guitar then the normal big muff is a useful fuzzbox. All i can say is don't be afraid to do inventive EQing on your amp and such because the tone dial on the muff itself is very responsive (i keep mine in teh middle or abit to the treble side mostly then work from there).
Get a death by audio fuzz war. Im gassing so hard for one right now.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by lbj273
Agreed. I got a good deal on one of those on ebay and it's much better then the current NYC or Russian reissues.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
totally agree, I got mine for $40. its an amazing pedal, much better than any of the reissues.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}