im modifying my squier strat to make it a bit more respectable, and i was wondering is it possible/easy/expensive to switch the tremolo to a fixed bridge? and will this allow more sustain?
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

There's quite a procedure to changing from the tremolo bridge to a fixed one. There's a tutorial around somewhere.

I personally don't think it would enhance the sustain because of the glue you would have to use.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
Its alot of work to fill in the holes in the body. It should make some difference but not as much as if the body was made that way to begin with. Better off to just block it and save up for a hard tail guitar.
Think it'll lose sustain because that huge trem block in the back of the trem does wonders for tone. And I keep my trems flat on the guitar bodies as I never use them to pull up. And it would be pretty damn hard. You might be able to do a hardtail instead of like a TOM.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
just to emphasize what everyone else is saying, even once you fill in the big trem hole, you'll have to do a lot of drilling because the new bridge won't line up with the old bridge's screw holes. i almost tried to do this same thing but i realized that it was going to be a whole heck of a lot of work that in the end isnt really worth it.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
cool thanks guys. hint taken, i will leave the bridge alone lol.
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."