Hey,

I've started to really play guitar properly now. I've managed to get down the iksse:3 and welcome home intros. But, i have 2 big problems.

My hands.

They're not mahoosive. But I fumble a lot, hit two strings at once etc, and it damages my speed quite a bit.

Other than that though, I'm loving guitar.

The surreal feel i got when songs that i had been hooked on were emanating from me, was, well, amazing.

My friend, who's been at guitar for 3 years, and is frankly, amazing at it, is teaching me, mainly because im hobo ass and cant afford a teacher.
Last edited by Sirius Amory at Jul 15, 2009,
Glad to hear you're loving it. I hope your friend has also warned you its addictive

Don't worry about speed. Just play everything as slow as you need to play it cleanly and accurately. Get your playing clean and your hands working in synch and speed will come naturally.
Was there a question here???

Sounds like your technique. Like said above, practice slowly and accurately with good technique. Than you can improve speed.

A good beginners blues book is Blues You Can Use. I've picked up all my blues playing from that book.
Do the following chords. E, A ,open strings where A chord was, Then an E chord.
Thats blues
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
yeah, sorry, there was a question.

How can i stop hitting five strings with one finger when i just want to play one? xD

Thanks for the blues tips.

I dunno why, but I'm a bit of a prog rock nut with some blues on the side, so it helps, seeing as most prog rock is..out of my reach, except maybe the odd coheed song.
Last edited by Sirius Amory at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Sirius Amory
yeah, sorry, there was a question.

How can i stop hitting five strings with one finger when i just want to play one? xD
slow down
honestly man Im a big coheed fan. all I gotta tell you is just keep at it, practice a lot, and make sure your playing clean. In time you'll get it. Honestly the vast majority of coheed songs are not too difficult once you start to get it.

Welcome home up till the solos is pretty much a piece of cake. and even the solos aren't too difficult once you work them out. IMHO everything evil is one of the harder ones for claudios rhythm, I'm having trouble with it myself I can not seem to be able to properly strum the damn riff.
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
you need to develop accuracy by slowing down.

then you develop speed by slowly speeding up when you have good accuracy.

you can't start at the speed of the song and expect to get it right.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143