Hey i have a stratocaster copy and it doesn't sound all that well, obviously. I don't have the money atm to buy like a really good guitar so i was thinking about replacing the pickups, i was thinking of getting a Seymour Duncan alnico pro 2 and put it in the bridge position. So would this make my guitar sound alot better or should i just wait until i get the money for a decent guitar. Thanks guys.
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
There's really little point changing pickups , they're not going to improve your sound in any noticeable way
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^Actually, coming from someone who did change pickups using a Vox AD15VT, there is a noticeable change. It's just not as big as people would want.
TS, get a new amp first. Even an Epi Valve Junior with an OD pedal would do your tone wonders.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
^Actually, coming from someone who did change pickups using a Vox AD15VT, there is a noticeable change. It's just not as big as people would want.
TS, get a new amp first. Even an Epi Valve Junior with an OD pedal would do your tone wonders.

^It's a change, but is it an improvement?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
So how do i get that cutting edge tone i want then? By buying a new amp and guitar?
Quote by Simsimius
^It's a change, but is it an improvement?

It was for me. :/
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
If you change the colour of the guitar then it has been suspected to change its tone and an overall improvment.