I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion about these pickup combo's. I play lead guitar for metal, and I will be getting a Rhoads V soon( RR1 or RR3).
I think they come with SD JB/59 pickups, but I'm not sure. My question was which combo do you guys think sounds better for metal, JB/59, or Jazz/59? I have tried guitars with the JB/59 combo, but my store doesn't have any guitars with a Jazz pickup.

Please don't suggest EMG's, I already have a guitar with 60/81, I don't want any more active pickups.

Thanks in advance

I would stick with JB/'59. Albeit still extremely versatile, the Jazz pickup is a lower output pickup, and probably not what you're looking for.
Why not RR5FR? It's way better than an RR3. anyways, they come with JB/Jazz. that's pretty much as good as they get for SD passives. If you like it, dimebucker is better because it has more gain, but you have to like how the pickup is eq'd. 59 is good too, but I like Jazz better in the neck because of cleans. 59 is better for leads.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
Why not RR5FR? It's way better than an RR3. anyways, they come with JB/Jazz. that's pretty much as good as they get for SD passives. If you like it, dimebucker is better because it has more gain, but you have to like how the pickup is eq'd. 59 is good too, but I like Jazz better in the neck because of cleans. 59 is better for leads.

I'll consider it. For some reason I thought it was more expensive than the RR1.

I'm gonna stay away from the Dimebucker, I've heard bad things about it.
Quote by Blaster Bob
I would stick with JB/'59. Albeit still extremely versatile, the Jazz pickup is a lower output pickup, and probably not what you're looking for.
Bam!

Got it in one. For metal, a higher output pickup like the JB would be a better choice.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by fluffpuff999
Wait, is the Jazz normally paired with the JB or 59?

I would say the most common combination of SD pickups period is JB/Jazz. Seriously, it's a keeper, covering a wide range without feeiling like you switch guitars when you change pickups. My guitar has a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck (Little '59 in the middle). I think it gives even more versatility, but you have to work around that "disconnect" between the sounds.
Quote by fluffpuff999
I'll consider it. For some reason I thought it was more expensive than the RR1.

I'm gonna stay away from the Dimebucker, I've heard bad things about it.

Yeah, Dimebucker isn't all that great. Seriously though, it's fun to play with. It's toneless. ALL of the sound coming from it is distortion. Real cool and punchy, but it's not a player's pickup. just for fun. JB in bridge jazz or 59 in neck. jazz gets cleaner, but 59 is better for leads.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack