i have narrowed my decision down to a high end strat and want to know which will play best for classic rock and maybe a touch of blues.any info will be great.
Budget?
What amp do you have?
Without a budget i'm gonna say the highway 1 would work well.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Oh in that case you can do 10x better then the highway 1 just give me a sec.
Edit: Try looking into some of the artist series strats Like the Yngwie or EJ strat. Maybe even the Dave Murray strat could get a bit more gain into it and should have a decent clean tone. Also another idea if you don't want a signature guitar is to play a bunch of higher-end strat choose the one you like the feel of the best and then switch out the bridge single-coil to something a SD pearly gates.

Edit2: I agree with the person in under me the EJ start is supposed to have an amazing tone which can rival the fender custom shop strats.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Jul 15, 2009,
I don't know how you would feel about playing an artist signature, but the Eric Johnson strat is really high quality. I played one at a guitar store the other day and was blown away. There are probably other Fenders that are just as good, that's just one that I played and liked.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by redsoxfan2
budget 2500 USD

Save up a teensy bit more and get yourself a callaham strat.
Quote by redsoxfan2
has anyone played the v neck?did you like the feel?

Hard V or Soft V?

My Strat has a V neck, I think it's soft but I'm not entirely sure.
V necks are pretty good though IMO, but you'd have to try one.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by redsoxfan2
has anyone played the v neck?did you like the feel?

I've played a hard v on my grandpa's acoutic and it's decent but not really the most comfortable thing for someone who's is really used to playing rounder necks. Soft vs supposedly make a great comfortable neck.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i will have to try the EJ strat. the Clapton is probably i little too clean sounding?
Quote by redsoxfan2
i will have to try the EJ strat. the Clapton is probably i little too clean sounding?

Clapton's can get just as dirty. You gotta remember, he was part of Cream. Besides, I find EJ to use much cleaner cleans than most people who stick to cleans (Tongue Twister).

My guitar teacher has an EJ strat, I tried it out, now I'm saving for one. Rumored to actually be the best production stratocaster on the market. Also, if you don't like the maple neck, they got the rosewood version now too (With some colors Fender doesn't use). Also, the maple neck ones are supposed to be the most accurate models after the 57, but it has specs that EJ uses on his strat (12" Radius, 2nd tone knob wired to bridge, hotter pickups).

Oh another thing I heard related to that, all of the bodies are 2 piece, however if they're not matched correctly then the makers will not use the bodies on an EJ strat. So basically they have to be perfect. Also, some people have complained about a sticky neck because of the nitro finish.
What amp do you have again?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Look at Suhr guitars.
The Classic series is their "strat".

They are head and shoulders above even the best custom shop Fenders.

Spendy, yes, but you can take any and all of these suggestions, ideas, and wonderments and toss them John's way, he can make the exact guitar to the specifications you agree on.

Sound, feel, snap, tone, and playability are all built to suit.
I checked out the Suhr guitar website,WOW super nice. However no rep around here closest is in Ft. Lauderdale 4 hrs away from me so no way to get my hands on one to even hold never mind play.Thanks for that info though.
Quote by redsoxfan2

EC start can get really dirty. The mid booster is really useful. The problem with the EC strat is not as many people like noise-less pups.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube