Hey all, im building a home studio, I alrady have a power conditioner , a stereo compressor ( 2 chan), a rockton intellifex for effects and various mics

i use a DAW with an interface, edirol- ua-25ex, i have 2 quality monitors

now im looking to get a mixer to increase my lines, have a better control over entering sound and use of effects loop

my choice landed on an Allen and Heath ZED 420, 20 input,

now i will mic drums, bass etc, this here has 4 settable ''GROUPS''

http://www.allen-heath.com/zed/images/ZED_420_Front_WhiteBG.jpg

here is an image

i know its not the right section in the forums but i need opinions on this

NO I DO NOT WANT PROTOOLS....dont even mention it

thanks in advance for any help given

i need many opinions
OK, first I have to ask why the compressor? I'm curious...

Secondly, why, oh why, do you want to spend €1400 on a mixer when you only have a 2-channel interface? Why not get a cheaper mixer, and get an interface with more channels so you can record the mics onto different tracks, thus making mixing drums waaay easier?

Third the people who are best placed to answer your question only stalk the Riffs & Recordings forum...
Quote by Union Of V

Secondly, why, oh why, do you want to spend €1400 on a mixer when you only have a 2-channel interface? Why not get a cheaper mixer, and get an interface with more channels so you can record the mics onto different tracks, thus making mixing drums waaay easier?

Third the people who are best placed to answer your question only stalk the Riffs & Recordings forum...

the compressor, its basically one of the most if not THE most important items in a studio

read on compression you will learn

this board serves as an audio interface so its a win
Quote by Union Of V

that's an 09'er for ya

he said he wanted something like what he posted, you arent helping him buy suggesting something he doesnt want.

just out of pure curiosity, do you have a price limit? im assuming not considering that would cost quite a pretty penny.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
that's an 09'er for ya

he said he wanted something like what he posted, you arent helping him buy suggesting something he doesnt want.

just out of pure curiosity, do you have a price limit? im assuming not considering that would cost quite a pretty penny.

around 1500 cad

i can get a soundcraft spirit LX7 used for 1K should i jump on it?