I wondered if someone could help me with advice...I can't decide between marshall haze 40W and laney LC50-112...what do you think is better choice???
I'd say the Laney.

I hear that the Haze isn't very good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by reed237
does haze have some quality problems???

Yeah, it doesn't sound good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
I'd say the Laney.

I hear that the Haze isn't very good.

Disagree.

I just got the MHZ40C and it sounds muy excelente. The cleans especially sound heavenly. I really can't explain how absolutely amazing the cleans sound. It takes a little tuning to get the drive channel to sound as good, but it doesn't prove to be that big of a problem to me since I run my effects through the clean channel.

You can't base all of your judgment off of youtube videos. For a while I figured it would just be the tube version of the MG series, since I had an MG50DFX and it sucked balls. However, after buying the Haze 40 I have to say that it is definitely above and beyond.

I'd go for the Haze 40.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
I personally haven't tried either, but people need to stop bashing the Haze. It's already been established that the matching cab for the haze isn't that high of quality, much like any cab that may come with an amp. Gabe said for himself that the Haze was nothing special through its own cab, and could see why people bash it. But then he put it through a higher quality cab, and then he got the classic Marshall tone.

I would go to your local store and try both of them out, but look at other cabs than the Haze cab.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
I'm biased toward laney and have no idea.

I think I am like most people on this thread-or maybe they are biased toward marshall.
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
I'd take a Laney Valve over a Haze.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Get the Laney
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by Shiromar
Gabe said for himself that the Haze was nothing special through its own cab, and could see why people bash it. But then he put it through a higher quality cab, and then he got the classic Marshall tone.

I would go to your local store and try both of them out, but look at other cabs than the Haze cab.

This is very true, espeically the 15 watter. The combo is a bit of a one trick pony, since not only is the speaker bad, but also the cab in general. So getting the combo is something I wouldn't recommend.

But then again the LC50-II isn't that great either.

What do you play?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i have played the haze and listened to clips of it online. i personally think it would make a great amp for a rythem guitarist. i think a lot of people dont like the haze just because its a cheap marshall like mgs but the haze sounds pretty good for rythem.
i believe "vs" threads are against the rules. it often causes arguments, but this seems pretty humanly.

i'd personally opt for neither of those amps, but a vc-50. it has the same glassy clean tones, and thin and crunchy drive tones, but also comes in 30 watts with two celestion speakers. so it breaks up a little eariler than the lc but still sounds louder due to there being an extra speaker. even one speaker can drastically improve the impression of volume.

edit: vc-30
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by AngryGoldfish
i believe "vs" threads are against the rules. it often causes arguments, but this seems pretty humanly.

i'd personally opt for neither of those amps, but a vc-50. it has the same glassy clean tones, and thin and crunchy drive tones, but also comes in 30 watts with two celestion speakers. so it breaks up a little eariler than the lc but still sounds louder due to there being an extra speaker. even one speaker can drastically improve the impression of volume.

Pretty sure you mean the VC30 here, chief.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I can guarantee that nearly everyone saying that the Haze sucks straight away hasn't tried it out, as it hasn't been out long. Personally I haven't tried either out, but I'd go for the Lanely haha I am useful
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
The Haze is pretty okay. I wouldn't mind having one, but I would not pay for one. They're overpriced IMO.
I play stuff like Stone gods, Metallica, some AC/DC...so I need sth adaptable for such a price...Now I have Marshall MG with LTD EC1000
I tried a haze. liked it. looked at the price tag and walked away. Its a little bit over priced. but by no means is it bad. Just awfully priced.

I liked the VC30 i played. Took a ts -808 very nicely to get into gainer territory
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Traynor YCV50 Blue.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
traynor sounds good to me but is it better in quality than haze and lc 50???
Last edited by reed237 at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by reed237
I play stuff like Stone gods, Metallica, some AC/DC...so I need sth adaptable for such a price...Now I have Marshall MG with LTD EC1000

Well then I think a used JCM800 would be your best bet, you could probably find one.

Otherwise a Haze head and a good cab would be great for you!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Well how big gigs do you play? I use an 18watter when I paly and I gig alot and I've never had problems.

Really the big difference isn't volume, but more in headroom. I've played both Hazes and they we're about the same volume, but the head broke up earlier.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I would rather have a Laney AOR 50, but it depends on your styles of music.

Well,this is where I step in.
I've had my AOR 50 for about two months now,I can say that in my opinion,the cleans are brilliant.If your after that glassy clean,look elsewhere but if your after that lovely clean tube tone,with beautifully warm mids,this is a great way to go.Took a bit of figuring out before I could get it to where I like it,but now I like it alot.
The dist though is a bit different,although I wouldn't turn this amp down because of it.The gain just doesn't seem quite right,especially when you have both pre-amp tubes cranked,just seems a bit uncontrolled.But,with the lower gain it works well.
I do wish it had reverb,and the E.Q doesn't seem that effective,but that might be because I'm used to a parametric E.Q.
Having different inputs for clean and gain is rather annoying,but there are ways around this.The dist input CAN get cleans (provided you use the footswitch for the gain boost),but they aren't quite as good as the low gain input.
Or you can do what I do,and run a dist pedal into the clean channel.
But this amp loves it's mids,so if your after metallica tones,look elsewhere.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by reed237
I play only small clubs...

Do you need a lot of headroom? Otherise 15watt ought to be neough.

But a Laney AOR would as said be the best alternative
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I probably won't go to sth used...had bad experience with that...maybe...store where I bought my guitar offered me good price for 2266c ...but I don't have now so much so maybe I will have to wait if I will go fot that...It's hard decision...