Ok, So I've narrowed almost everything down, I've played three guitars and decided for one amp.

guitars:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (430 eur)

Yamaha RGX a2 (420 eur)

Vintage v-100 (299 eur)

Amp:

Vox VT15
---

so, here's my second question, which would you guys choose. I don't know **** about the vintage, is it a peace of ****? will the nobs fall off after 2 days or is it at the same level quality -wise?

I guess instead of a boring strat vs LP flame war, it;s going to be a yamaha vs LP :P

thanks for your suggestions and opinions, they are greatly appreciated.

-Harald
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Can't go wrong with the Epiphone. I'd also have to agree that the Cube might be a better option for you unless you really want the Vox (not a bad amp either).
^this
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Gorblethorp
Go with the Epiphone and get a Roland Cube 20x/30x instead of the Vox.

why?
Vox VT30
you would have to get an absolute lemon to have the knobs fall off, id go for the yamaha, they make decent beginner guitars, and look at peavey vypers for amps.
actually thats quite a bit of money to spend on a first guitar, might wanna just get a starter pack and see if you take to it. my first guitar and amp cost 200 pounds together.
go on ebay and get a gibson studio for the same price as that terrible epi
Quote by MarcoWasRight
Can't go wrong with the Epiphone. I'd also have to agree that the Cube might be a better option for you unless you really want the Vox (not a bad amp either).

vintage of lesser quality? I mean the owner of this little guitar shop told me vintages were as good, maybe even better then a epiphone and much cheaper, now, the guy doesn't sell epiphone so.... you do the math, vintage a good deal or not?
Vox VT30
Quote by stephen_rettie
you would have to get an absolute lemon to have the knobs fall off, id go for the yamaha, they make decent beginner guitars, and look at peavey vypers for amps.
actually thats quite a bit of money to spend on a first guitar, might wanna just get a starter pack and see if you take to it. my first guitar and amp cost 200 pounds together.

no no no, I'm not going to spend **** for money on a guitar, I know for a fact, because I play acoustic, that a good guitar will be a good investment because you won't have to replace parts after just half a year and then the tuning nob gear thingy won't get crushed because of the immense pressure a nylon string can have T.T no way in hell I'm paying **** for money!

edit: sorry for the rant it;s just I got my first acoustic(spanish, handmade) just 4 months ago and now, the same time my guitar teacher told me it was a good plan to go electric if i wanted to because i knew the basics, my bottom 3 string tuners were broken because of 4 months of tuning T.T . My mom thought a 120 euro spanish handmade guitar would be great, so did I T.T
Vox VT30
Last edited by darkravers009 at Jul 15, 2009,
Poor guy just made a thread before this asking about which amp, picked his, and now is getting other suggestions.

I think with the stuff you're into right now (BB King, Brian May, Santana) you would do good with a vox but that's opinion.

Can't really help you with the guitars. Not into epis and haven't tried the yamahas. Any others you may have had in mind? And a budget?
Quote by MetalHead916
Poor guy just made a thread before this asking about which amp, picked his, and now is getting other suggestions.

I think with the stuff you're into right now (BB King, Brian May, Santana) you would do good with a vox but that's opinion.

Can't really help you with the guitars. Not into epis and haven't tried the yamahas. Any others you may have had in mind? And a budget?

well, thanks a whole lot anyways, euhm, well, around the 420 eur. mark is about my budget. had to cut down my budget due to job:P

other guitars, well any Vintage Les paul Copy, as in v100 or so, would like to know something about it^^. well, I played the yamaha, it played absolutely fine, and it was astonishingly light, even compared to a random ****caster. But I liked the sound of the Les Paul (epi better), but it is a bit heavier:P, I'm going to try the vintage next week, just want to know what quality is on that brand.
Vox VT30
Quote by darkravers009
well, thanks a whole lot anyways, euhm, well, around the 420 eur. mark is about my budget. had to cut down my budget due to job:P

other guitars, well any Vintage Les paul Copy, as in v100 or so, would like to know something about it^^. well, I played the yamaha, it played absolutely fine, and it was astonishingly light, even compared to a random ****caster. But I liked the sound of the Les Paul (epi better), but it is a bit heavier:P, I'm going to try the vintage next week, just want to know what quality is on that brand.

Hmmm, well since you probably won't be playing gigs soon, than you should go with the epi if it sounds better to you. You can sitdown while you play, but if it's too heavy than go with the yamaha since you said it plays fine.

Ever look into the Ibanez Artcore series? Maybe the ones that have the LP shape? I think they are the ART series

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

You have a pretty good budget to work with. I have an AS73 Artcore and it's awesome for clean playing and bluesy/jazzy stuff.
Quote by MetalHead916
Hmmm, well since you probably won't be playing gigs soon, than you should go with the epi if it sounds better to you. You can sitdown while you play, but if it's too heavy than go with the yamaha since you said it plays fine.

Ever look into the Ibanez Artcore series? Maybe the ones that have the LP shape? I think they are the ART series

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

You have a pretty good budget to work with. I have an AS73 Artcore and it's awesome for clean playing and bluesy/jazzy stuff.

cool, thanks for the suggestions:P about the yamaha, It plays kinda like a '60 strat, but it's cheaper and sounds better:P

edit: strat as in mexican:P
Vox VT30
Last edited by darkravers009 at Jul 15, 2009,