Does the Vox AD50VT have enough gain for thrash metal? I saw it used for like 300 dollars compared to the usual 500 around here.
It has enough gain, but it really isn't tight enough for thrash. The bottom end is quite loose on these amps, at least it was like that on my old 30 watter. What you should do is try it out and see for yourself.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Vox are british voiced amps, not really meant for hi gain, by my knowledge anyway.

TM
Yeah its definitely got enough distortion

These things seem to be taking over the world lol
Quote by tim_mop
Vox are british voiced amps, not really meant for hi gain, by my knowledge anyway.

TM

The Vox AD50VT is different then regular Vox's I heard.

I think I have to go try it out then.

Oh, and according to the video, the Vox AD50VT can do small gigs. Is this true?
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by tim_mop

TM

Valvetronix are modeling amps. Model loads of different amps digitally. And very well might I add.

TS try it out. They do have a bit of a flubby bottom end. I'd either get the new VT series or get the older series and do an FX loop mod. An EQ in the FX loop can really tighten these amps up. An OD used in the right way can have similar effects.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
The Vox AD50VT is different then regular Vox's I heard.

I think I have to go try it out then.

That's the model mine is, are they the old ones? I really had no clue when I bought it.

Anywho, there is plenty of gain for it, and I think that if you set the compressor right it should be pretty tight enough.

The thing with all these modelling amps is that they're decent for a lot of things, but not fantastic. What are you using now and how much cash do you have?
Eh, for that price I'd find a Peavey VTM (JCM 800 clone) and a Bad Monkey, which is what most of the thrash metal guitarists used.
I just wanted answers to see if it's worth buying. I don't really need a new amp or anything.

Peavey VTM? I have never heard of that. Was it called VTM or did you just initial it?
Yeah, its called a VTM. You can find them for about $300 used. Out of production now, but they are pretty decent clones of the JCM 800, especially for the price.