Just wondering, how many people here in the Pit listen to Punk and Grunge? From what I've seen, most of you are either into Jazz and Blues, or Metal. How many of you are like me and prefer bands like Greenday (personally, I prefer their earlier songs), Nirvana, and NOFX?
Greenday are SOOOOOO punk....

I listen to some punk, but i prefer garage and noise. You should go to the punk forum in Bands and artists.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
i love punk and grunge............and Blues, Metal, Rock etc

wrong forum
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
Go to the punk forums. I hear punk fans go there.

Blues and Jazz? Right. Everyone here is either Alternative/Indie, Classic rock, Metal. (Ignoring the few users that are blues, jazz, electronic, and country musicians).
I like Green Day and Nirvana. Right now Green Day are my second favourite, so I like whatever you get when you cross their punk/ pop-punk with mainstream metal
Quote by Gargantuan
wow you're so different

....the point of this is so I can find other people who DO, not to differentiate (sp?) myself from those who don't..... just curiousity...
I listen to Punk. Stuff from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Grunge is overrated IMO.

You're best off in the Punk forum with this, though.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Lol punk, u mean fall out boy? Hell yeah, i luv punk.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Blues and Jazz? Right.

Sorry, I picked that up from hanging around the bass forum.
I listen to all music, including Green Day, im actually listening to them right now. Although Green Day has changed and gotten really famous they still know their roots and doesnt turn into some silly-ass pop band. Their latest album had some very soft and very unpunk songs but Billy JOe can still write songs like a master.

To answer your question; yes.

Edit: By pop i mean Blink 182 and Good Charlotte and such, Green day is Pop-punk.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by SlipknotRule93
You're best off in the Punk forum with this, though.

The thing is, a lot of people don't go to the forums for individual genres. I wanted to see from the people who are in the Pit, who are the people I'm going to see around UG the most....
I think the pit can be for anything that gets questioned as to where it should be.

Anyways, I like Grunge and Punk (prefer grunge). Green Day probably the only "Punk" band I can listen to, since I don't really find it interesting or difficult at all.

As for Grunge, I love bands like Nirvana and Soundgarden. Some of the best 90's music there is came from them.

I do prefer rock and metal (wow, since when have those 2 gone together?).

It would be odd to find someone who likes Death Metal and Gangsta Rap though. Besides all the death innuendo's in the music that's pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I would NOT like to meet that person lol
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
I hate Nirvana.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Some of my favorite bands include Streetlight Manifesto, World/Inferno, Against Me!, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, the Misfits...

You're not for wont of punk fans on the forums, including the Pit. Just dig around.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Gord@k
I listen to all music, including Green Day, im actually listening to them right now. Although Green Day has changed and gotten really famous they still know their roots and doesnt turn into some silly-ass pop band. Their latest album had some very soft and very unpunk songs but Billy JOe can still write songs like a master.

Are you for serial?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I love the Misfits, Ramones and Iggy Pop as far as Punk goes.

And for Grunge, cant go wrong with Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Sound Garden, or Stone Temple Pilots (shut the hell up, I love STP)

But I also love Thrash metal and hair metal.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
I like grunge. I like some punk.
I do not like green day (punk my ass?!). I sort of don't like Nirvana, but they're ok.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
Quote by Gord@k

Edit: By pop i mean Blink 182 and Good Charlotte and such, Green day is Pop-punk.

1st... What the f*ck are you on? Green Day are one of the biggest sell-outs of all time. Kerplunk and 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours are two of the best albums I have.

2nd... Ther's no such thing as Pop-Punk, it's an Oxymoron. It's pop-rocks and coke (cwatididthar)
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Hereiwas
Are you for serial?

When you look at their music, other than doing some softer songs, they never changed that much. They just became popular. Why should they shy away from that? They're still a great band, whether you like them or not.
Meh I listen to a lot of punk, Green Day, MCR, Fall Out Boy, Sex Pistols, Taking Back Sunday, Blink 182, etc.

And grunge, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Seether, etc.

My two favorite genres actually.
I Like grunge, metal, punk, blues, rock n' roll, alternative, pop, basically everything but rap/hip-hop.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by herby190
When you look at their music, other than doing some softer songs, they never changed that much. They just became popular. Why should they shy away from that? They're still a great band, whether you like them or not.

I beg to differ. There a long way from kerplunk now..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I like a lot of grunge, but I only like a bit of punk.

Grunge....I like Nirvana even though don't fully represent grunge, but I like them because they mellowed out over time. Even though I personally think half their songs are even listenable, the good ones are fantastic. Nevermind was great, definitely influential to society. Other grunge, like Mudhoney is ok but I'm not a fan of growling or screaming vocals. Tad is one of my favorites.

Punk.....I like The Clash and some of The Sex Pistols but punk isn't that large, so like grunge, there aren't a whole lot of known bands. I am not a fan of British punk. I do not know why. I have heard some "American" punk (if that's possible) and I think it sounds better. The Clash had their good ends and bad ends. Train in Vain is my favorite, and it's pretty far off from punk., almost pop.

EDIT: I prefer grunge, and I like the sound. The sound is nice and heavy but not metal, and not those stupid emo bands that set every setting to 10 in hopes of getting a heavy sound.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Jul 15, 2009,
I'm sure some of the most popular genres in the world have little fans on a guitar player's forum.

I love grunge, but not punk so much (ironically, I'm in a punk band right now)
I like both, moreso Grunge than Punk. I love Soundgarden, Bush, and Alice in Chains. I'm an avid Nirvana fan but I do agree with them being overrated. I like the Replacements' earlier Punk but their later albums were great (excluding the last 2) and the Goo Goo Dolls' first 2 albums when they were hardcore punk. I still like Green Day, they're Pop-Punk whether haters/elitists want to recognize them or not they still are Pop-Punk.
I like grunge more than punk. Huge Nirvana/AIC/STP/Soundgarden/Screaming Trees/Pearl Jam/TAD/Melvins/Silverchair fan.

As far as punk goes, bands like The Clash, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Sheer Terror, Cro-Mags, The Smithereens, old Offspring and old Green Day (They both became pop bands, and it sucks), Germs, etc are all good bands. Too many good bands to list. There's more people here that like punk than you think
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by AlterEdge
I think the pit can be for anything that gets questioned as to where it should be.

Anyways, I like Grunge and Punk (prefer grunge). Green Day probably the only "Punk" band I can listen to, since I don't really find it interesting or difficult at all.

As for Grunge, I love bands like Nirvana and Soundgarden. Some of the best 90's music there is came from them.

I do prefer rock and metal (wow, since when have those 2 gone together?).

It would be odd to find someone who likes Death Metal and Gangsta Rap though. Besides all the death innuendo's in the music that's pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I would NOT like to meet that person lol

I like death metal and gangsta rap
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
dude, my heart = blues, punk, rock n' roll (and BOATloads of soul/R&B)

and i have a SERIOUS love for NOFX--- i hate Green Day, Blink, and the like. though I feel that you can easily draw comparisons between NOFX and those kinds of bands, NOFX has got a musical thing going on that's way above and beyond your average 90's punk. the whole album of Punk in Drublic? PERFECT guitar harmony. it's literally operatic, orchestral. and it's two rhythm guitars with the **** distorted out of em!

SO GOOD
Quote by Gargantuan
wow you're so different

Wow you're so different for thinking you're so different by assuming someone else thinks they're so different

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Hereiwas
Are you for serial?

I´m super serial.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport