have you ever wondered how The Rings of Saturn sound? Or any other object/dimension in space?

http://www.spacesounds.com/home/index.html

..fun.
i think im gonna record some sick electronica to that.

there are also dinosaur sounds.
Wow, Jupiter's Magnetosphere sounds beautiful! Reminds me of listening to a waterfall with birds chirping nearby.
Quote by Jehuty
Sounds in space? Isn't that kind of, impossible?

it's electro magnetic radiation shifted into a wavelength audible by the human ear.
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's electro magnetic radiation shifted into a wavelength audible by the human ear.

I have absolutely have no idea what the hell you just said, but for the sake of seeming intellectual I shall nod in agreement.

Well actually, I did kind of understand.
I can do Cosmic Debris, The Lions Roar, and Sputnik and guitar.
TPR...

on Whale sounds, I can do Keening/Longing really good.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Jul 15, 2009,
Need Space Sounds

Listen to Pink Floyd
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by CoreysMonster

So, you can't actually hear it then, because even if it was sound(which it's not, being radiation) it would be outwith the audible range of humans?
Quote by MightyAl
So, you can't actually hear it then, because even if it was sound(which it's not, being radiation) it would be outwith the audible range of humans?

if I recall correctly, since both radiation and sound are waves, you can "read" radiation the same way you can "read" sound.
Quote by CoreysMonster
if I recall correctly, since both radiation and sound are waves, you can "read" radiation the same way you can "read" sound.

Yes, but if you've had to move the 'read' of radiation, then that implies that a direct translation of the radiation to sound would be inaudible. Thus, you couldn't hear it, even if such a thing were physically possible.
Which it's not.
Quote by MightyAl
Yes, but if you've had to move the 'read' of radiation, then that implies that a direct translation of the radiation to sound would be inaudible. Thus, you couldn't hear it, even if such a thing were physically possible.
Which it's not.

yeah, but that's what I said before, that the wavelength is transposed into a frequency range we can hear.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, but that's what I said before, that the wavelength is transposed into a frequency range we can hear.

And that means that none of those sounds actually sound like that(or would, if they were sounds).
Quote by MightyAl
And that means that none of those sounds actually sound like that(or would, if they were sounds).

OOOOH NOW I get you

sorry, but yeah of course you're right, it wouldn't be audible. hell, it's not even visible.
Quote by Zoot Allures
^
the mystery man came over and said 'im outta sight'

He also said for a nominal service charge I could reach nirvana tonight

who you jivin' with that cosmik debris
Ganymede sounds scary.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
That whalesounds one is creepy.

edit: I would like to have the space sounds and stormsounds CDs, and then just chill to them.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jul 15, 2009,