Stupid question but here it is:

Do I need to replace the "miniature triode" in Vox VT30 as I would need to replace a valve in high end amps (as they wear offf)?

Thanks

solram25
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

No the valve should last forever. It's not used in the same way as a valve in a full tube amp.

My theres been a lot of Valvetronix threads and question recently.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
It's not a bad idea. I replaced mine after 2 years when the harmonics became extremely weak. And, unfortunately, the tube is a complete bitch to get to. You have to take the whole chassis apart.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Other good maintenance tips include using electrical contact cleaner on the (cheap) input/output jacks. These tend to stick causing a loss of volume over time. But honestly, as little wattage goes through the valves they are supposed to be EXTREMELY long lasting. I've heard of people changing them just to experiment and see if they could hear any difference (with mixed results).
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Thanks for the answers. I finally decided to buy a Roland Cube 30x. Far better than I expected.
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800