I have to send a letter which has to be at its destination on friday.

Im going to post it tommorow morning with a 1st class stamp

will it get there for friday?

thanks in advance
Should do. As long as its collected tomorrow it'll get there on Friday.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I heard there is a postal strike tomorrow. I think anyway. Could be wrong though I just thought I remembered hearing on the radio.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Last edited by SMH07 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by SMH07
I heard there is a postal strike tomorrow. I think anyway. Could be wrong though I just thought I remembered hearing on the radio.

O.o

They're on strike more than they ****ing work
Make sure it goes in the VERY FIRST collection. The times and everything are on the post box, but you might have to get up at like 6am to post it, to make sure it goes with the first collection at like 7:30 or whatever.
Quote by sam b
O.o

Yea, who do they think they are, the London underground?
Quote by sam b
O.o

True that.
Quote by MightyAl

The Sun will no doubt have busses parked in front of every Post Office in the country.
It should do... But probably won't

Make sure you put it in the post first thing and it'll stand a fighting chance.

Next Day delivery will be something silly probably, considering First Class recorded is about £2.

Quote by MightyAl

Ah, but you get paid £6 an hour to work for Royal Mail, you get £40k for putting in a similar, minimal amount of effort driving a train.
Quote by urbanfox
It should do... But probably won't

Make sure you put it in the post first thing and it'll stand a fighting chance.

Next Day delivery will be something silly probably, considering First Class recorded is about £2.

Ah, but you get paid £6 an hour to work for Royal Mail, you get £40k for putting in a similar, minimal amount of effort driving a train.

Yea, but every movie that has terrorists and a train, it's always the drived that gets killed first. Never a postie.
Im a UK postie!

Chances are it might not get there on friday. We're striking
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Im a UK postie!

Pah.

I had an interview to be a postman back in January. Had to walk a fair way to Sutton, because the bus I had to catch wasn't running due to the ice and snow. Nearly broke my neck several times getting there, only to end up getting knocked back
Quote by urbanfox
Had to walk a fair way to Sutton, because the bus I had to catch wasn't running due to the ice and snow.

You sure they werent just on strike?
Quote by urbanfox
putting in a similar, minimal amount of effort

Let's be fair here. Being a postman must be pretty tiring, at least; and Postmaster Pete, who runs my local post office, is so good I always ask for him personally when I'm there. They can get you a letter anywhere in the country just from that one 27p stamp.

Tube drivers, on the other hand, sit on their arse in a little box all day moving a lever forwards and backwards. And even then they can't keep to schedule.

Quote by Logz
Im a UK postie!

That said, I don't believe any of our public services should be able to strike. You are contracted by Her Majesty the Queen to deliver the mail of the people of Britain.

What say you?
Last edited by Vermintide at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Vermintide
Let's be fair here. Being a postman must be pretty tiring, at least; and Postmaster Pete, who runs my local post office, is so good I always ask for him personally when I'm there. They can get you a letter anywhere in the country just from that one 27p stamp.

Tube drivers, on the other hand, sit on their arse in a little box all day moving a lever forwards and backwards. And even then they can't keep to schedule.

Well, posties don't seem to get up that early anymore.
We used to get first post around 7, and second post between 10 and 11.
Now, we just get post around lunchtime.
Quote by MightyAl

What is this "first and second post" nonesense?

I get my (one and only ) post at 2pm, earliest
Quote by MightyAl

Ill have you know, I have to get up at 4am every morning to get into work on time.

The reason you get your mail later in the day is because of restrictions imposed on driving speeds etc. It means the mail gets to the mail center later in the day, and therefore gets processed later.

Not our fault, the governments
Been away, am back
Quote by sam b
You sure they werent just on strike?

No. It was just the bus I needed to catch some of the way there, it goes down loads of pissy little roads that wouldn't have been gritted, etc.

Quote by Vermintide

I was on about working in the sorting office and such mainly, but walking around for a few hours each day isn't a proper job

Also:

We used to have 2 deliveries a few years back. Just one now, which can come any time between 9am and middayish, I think he must vary his route from day-to-day. He's an Albion fan anyway, he doesn't deserve to get paid
Last edited by urbanfox at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by urbanfox
No. It was just the bus I needed to catch some of the way there, it goes down loads of pissy little roads that wouldn't have been gritted, etc.

I was on about working in the sorting office and such mainly, but walking around for a few hours each day isn't a proper job

Stoke you say?
Did that happen to be the actual sorting office or an MDEC?
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz

Ill have you know, I have to get up at 4am every morning to get into work on time.

The reason you get your mail later in the day is because of restrictions imposed on driving speeds etc. It means the mail gets to the mail center later in the day, and therefore gets processed later.

Not our fault, the governments

Doesn't your trade union own a few MPs in that government though?
support strikers
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
support strikers

But my mum always told me "if you picket, it won't get better".

Ba-dum-TSCH!
Quote by sam b

We must have lazy posties in Newcastle.
Quote by MightyAl
But my mum always told me "if you picket, it won't get better".

Ba-dum-TSCH!

wham bam
Quote by Logz
Stoke you say?
Did that happen to be the actual sorting office or an MDEC?

No...

I had an interview to be a postman in Sutton Coldfield.

I worked in the mail centre in Birmingham for a few weeks before Xmas, it really was a sh*t job. Sat on my arse for 8 hours cancelling stamps
Quote by sam b

First and second post stopped years ago. Not sure when.
TBH, it just meant we got some bills delivered before dad went to work, and then some more around about tiffin time.
Quote by meh!
support strikers

How bout no?

The rest of us get on with our jobs. If we don't like it, we get another one. If we can't find anything else, it's our fault for being thick and/or lazy.

I appreciate that there are genuine issues sometimes, but striking is just childish, as far as I can see. And I even say this as a Yorkshire lad who's entire family line up until recently had worked in coal mines.
Quote by Vermintide
How bout no?

The rest of us get on with our jobs. If we don't like it, we get another one. If we can't find anything else, it's our fault for being thick and/or lazy.

I appreciate that there are genuine issues sometimes, but striking is just childish, as far as I can see. And I even say this as a Yorkshire lad who's entire family line up until recently had worked in coal mines.

How is it childish? How else are they suppose to get things done when their employers renege on the deals that they signed (Pay and Modernisation Agreement). The strikes aren't even about pay as far as i know; the strikes are about staff cuts and public service cuts (things that affect OUR service).

I only hope one day CWU will remove its funding from labour.
depends on how big the package is.. If it's smaller I believe it's a higher chance.. but I'm not certain on that..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..