I saw this guitar several days ago on craigslist. The guy who had it offered it to me at a price I could'nt refuse. I always sort of wanted one. If I decide later I dont need it I think I can sell it for more than I gave. So far I do like it though. I will try to include a few pics.

hngd!
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Hngd!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
when people say hngd, it makes me think of just a really strained grunting sound. Like that's the sound you're making.

HNGD!!!!!
I really like the Melody Maker, Its just the headstock that irks me.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Hngd!!!!
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by PedroLesPaulVM
I really like the Melody Maker, Its just the headstock that irks me.

The Melody Maker is so manly that it does not need a wide headstock!

I'm a big fan of the Melody Maker - even tried to start a MM fan thread but there aren't enough of us to support it.
nice guitar! how much did you pay?
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
I wanna get one of them, and do the Gary Moore and shove a Dimarzio in the bridge

I've always liked them, I'm a fool for MMs and LP Jrs.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Well to answer some of you I did give $300 for it. He had it a week or two then decided he wanted something else. Can I send the warranty card in? or will it matter? I saw these going from $300 to $450ish on Ebay so I figure I did ok.

Thanks for the replies. Been playing it some and it sounds pretty good.
HNGD - i've got my eye on a double cutaway '65 melody maker.. it costs £1200 though but i can't help but smile when i play it - never got to play a modern one to see if it has the same effect.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
HNGD! She's a beauty. At first the headstock bothered me on these, but after awhile, it grew on me.
Sounds like you did alright on the purchase, congrats.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Personally I'm not a fan of the necks on the Melody Makers, but my neck preferences are different than most, so yeah. Beautiful guitar, how's she sound?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by stinger12345
Nice!! Pardon my ignorance, but what pickups are those? Looks pretty interesting

it has one single coil in the bridge.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
it has one single coil in the bridge.

so that thing next to the neck, isn't a pickup?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

hngd!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by stinger12345

Nope, it's part of the pickguard that says melody maker
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by stinger12345

Nope. It's a little extension of the pickguard that says "Melody Maker."

When they re-issued it in '04 under the name "Les Paul Melody Maker," there was no pickguard and a single P-90(the one in my sig). It and the Joan Jett signature model are the only ones with the Tune-O-Matic and stop tailpiece combo from the factory. For the following model, they dropped the "Les Paul" part and it was just called the Melody Maker. It had a wraparound Stop-Bridge and two single-coil pickups like the one in T/S's guitar. Finally, they released the version that T/S purchased.

Personally, I like the combo of the LP body shape and the thinner body, like that of an SG. The thinner body, slim neck and skinny headstock makes for a well-balanced instrument that doesn't strain the back and doesn't want to point at the floor. The thin neck and larger radius fingerboard are quite comfortable.

Mmmm...I wish I still had my old '59 Melody Maker...ahh, memories.
Played around with this a while last night. It sounds pretty good to me. I think it may need a little set up work though because I did get some buzzing here and there.

The neck feels different than my Ibanez ART100 that I have been playing alot but it did not seem to bother me at all. So far I think its a keeper.

My wife said something about another white guitar which was funny cause I didnt mean to have 2 white guitars. The next guitar I get willl have to be a different color. I'm GASing over a LP Jr but I need a nicer acoustic as well so who knows what i'll get next.