I really didnt think that the acoustic one would sound very good, but i was wrong! I dont like the looks of the electric, i think i'd stick with the good ol' plank.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
not really, imo. i just prefer natural looking and sounding wood guitars
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Ugly and expensive, u would somebody want one?!?!? Lol
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I like the looks of the second one and the last is cool except for the headstock is hideous. The rest...let's say they could have done better...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I've seen carbon fibre cellos before and they sound better than handmade wooden ones. I assume a guitar made of c.f. would sound outstanding.
Easily the second best guitarist from Oklahoma City
Quote by Oosh.
I really didnt think that the acoustic one would sound very good, but i was wrong! I dont like the looks of the electric, i think i'd stick with the good ol' plank.

Quote by guitarsftw
not really, imo. i just prefer natural looking and sounding wood guitars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_cGGtmnp4

I like the design a bit, although it takes some getting used to I guess:P
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Quote by thebasshacker
I've seen carbon fibre cellos before and they sound better than handmade wooden ones. I assume a guitar made of c.f. would sound outstanding.

well some may, but some don't.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
An excellent feature os the CF guitars is their resistance to moisture, temperature change, and humidity.

Great for camping or just playing in the rain, I guess.

I tried looking it up on youtube but couldn't find, I recall a Rainsong acoustoc demo with a guy filling it up with water and playing with it for a while.

I think they also did that at a NAMM show a while back when these were new.
you can probably get some sheets of carbon and some resin and lay it over your guitar body (bare of course) and still have a natural sound
Quote by Rutch
An excellent feature os the CF guitars is their resistance to moisture, temperature change, and humidity.

Great for camping or just playing in the rain, I guess.

I tried looking it up on youtube but couldn't find, I recall a Rainsong acoustoc demo with a guy filling it up with water and playing with it for a while.

I think they also did that at a NAMM show a while back when these were new.

Not to mention they won't break if you drop them....Huge fan of wood guitars but I do love the CF stuff.
I've played a Gus... They're amazing instruments; absolutely beautiful. From what I remember the one I played had a cedar core; not sure if they're still like that. It sounded beautiful though.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
CF definitely has its benefits...you dont need to worry about dropping the guitar, temperature changes, or even humidity. Some of those electrics are really thin though...that would take some getting used to. I really want to try one of these now...
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
That acoustic sounds like a piece of laminate ****.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Well, I think they are SICK! I would love to own a couple but the prices are a bit high.

John
Some of the Steinberger models have CF necks and I know a guy with a full bodied CF Steinberger... It looks, feels and sounds amazing.
Interesting. If i find something like this that i can try I definatley will now....although i think those shapes are kinda fugly :P
I can see some people liking them, but personally I feel a guitar should be made from these;

Occasionally with an aluminum neck.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
I can see some people liking them, but personally I feel a guitar should be made from these;

Occasionally with an aluminum neck.

Made of what? Crappy knotted wood?!
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
only the best guitars have knots in the woods

/devries reference.

anyway needs more uni-directional carbon fibre and needs to be painted to resemble a normal guitar sorta
Quote by JamieIsHere
Some of the Steinberger models have CF necks and I know a guy with a full bodied CF Steinberger... It looks, feels and sounds amazing.

Steinberger's are techincally not carbon fiber but a graphite/carbon fiber blend, there's a slight difference.

My steinberger has a graphite blend neck; they're brilliant instruments.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by redwolf206
Made of what? Crappy knotted wood?!

If it keeps costs down I'll sacrifice looks.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
If I was having a custom guitar built, I'd definately consider a carbon fibre neck-thru with mahogany or some other wood for the wings.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I have tried the acoustic, there was a used one in my guitarcenter. I wasn't a big fan of the looks, but it sounds phenomenal. Easily the fullest sounding acoustic aI have ever played in my life.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
The first one is almost as ugly as those "Holy V's" and "Holy Explorer's" from Gibson.
YUCK!

And I like how in the video, there's two of those same guitars around the guy playing one.
i've played some highend rainsong acoustics in guitarcenter and they sound incredible. Never played any other carbon fiber guitars so i cant really comment on any of the other brands.