Page 3 of 15
iv done it . . . . it was just sitting there in my programs lol . . . now a few questions . . . .can you get it more distorted ???? and how do you get it so you can have 1 or more guitars playing at the same time ????
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
i knew about the distortion i was wondering if you could get it even more distorted than that lol thnx
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
ok so what are all these "rhtythm slashes" ??? at the bottom of the screen . . . . .what do they do ???
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
and how do you put rests in ????
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
you see the box on the lower right hand of the screen? thats where you select the rest., make sure you click on teh right rest menu...otherwise you'lll enter in a low melody rest
Check out my latest recording on my profile
i figured that out my self last night . . . . its pretty simple . . . . the whole thing is . . . how do you sort out strumming ???
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
im having a little trouble lining up the bass with the guitar . . . they are both in the right notation but the timing seems to be out ???? any help ???
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Rhythm slashes are used to notate chords when you don't want to type in bar after bar of them. You should use them when an instrument's part is all or mostly chords. Just select one of the notes in the rhythm slash menu () and click it, the note you selected should appear on top of the staff. You can also insert rests, as shown.

In order to select a chord, click on and do your thing. Then, to make an instrument play the rhythm slash, add a Gtr. In and choose "RS".

For strumming, use the buttons. The 'V' is upstroke, the '|_|' is downstroke. Select the chord you want to specify strumming and click the appropriate button.

Try posting the file that has the rhythm problem. There could be alot of things wrong.

~i3~
whats cool edit ?
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
ok so what is it ??
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I have a problem. Powertab refuses to play any and all midi that i load on it. i don't know what to do.
Do you have any other programs running that run on midi? That happens to me when I'm running Cakewalk too.

I just want to sleep forever.

whens the next version out ?
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
k thanks weebl - another question, say i have a great intro, followed by verse and chorus and then i wanna play the intro again, how do i get it to play the intro without actually retabbing it?
Also is their any way that i can play 3 bars of ie. a chorus the same way and then for the final bar play alternate notes without having to type the whole thing out?
OOOO im on tv!!!
I dont understand how to use the alternate ending thing... any chance if when you got 5 minutes u could create a ptab lesson on it weebl? i no u r great with powertab

Also, how can u set something just to carry on repeating throughout a section, so that it doesnt make whatever is in the adjacent staff repeat itself aswell? Ie. my attached file, the solo at the bottom i have had to do it all manually but the problem is that one staff has to wait for the other to catch up. How do you make it so that whichever is ahead will just continue to play?
Attachments:
the song with no name.zip
...ok, i'm trying to figure out how to put in vocals into my powertab scores, i mean, an instrument that will imitate singing

i can put them at the right tones, then put in the words below, it would just make it that much easier for my vocalist to figure out how it's supposed to be sung without us spending a couple of hours getting it down

...and also for screaming, at first i was thinking something like a distorted guitar, but then it just turns out sounding like another instrument, instead of some kind of ghetto-midi-screaming (like what i was expecting)

yep, i have no idea...
There's nothing that sounds that good, but try Ocarina. Some people use Trombone as well.

~i3~
they both sound really gay . . . . LOL
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Sometimes Powertab suddenly goes silent in the middle of a MIDI playback, then sometimes it says something like "MS error - restart program" - is this normal? Also, is there any way to remove the TAB staff (not the score part)?
Well, considering you can only input notes on the TAB part, I doubt you can remove it.

Alright guys, I'm finally gettin back into powertab...

I just got one question:
I read the thing aboud drums and whatnot, but I can't find a way to add bass in... I realize you can select a bass guitar, many actually, on the guitar selection screen, but it wont let me use it as a veritable guitar in... so how do i do bass?

Also, once I get bass and drum tabs written, how can I get them to play in unison with my guitar sections? Because on many of Weebl's and Grovermans tabs, I never see tabbed out bass or drum pieces, but they're always in there.

Help me
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
ok, on the very first bar of every powertab score i write, over the bar line, it regesters an extra quaver (without the bar line it fits fine but with it, it doesnt flow, the notation is all right so what the heck is up with it?
I think you just have a different amount of notes than you do aat the top. Check to make sure all the notes add up to the same thing.

Hi guys.. Yep Im new too. Must congratulate so many people with their patience on this board, and this thread particulary.

Anyway, here I was wandering around Tabs and decided Id have a look in the forums. I happened to open this thread and discovered PTab.

STOKED!!

(but theres always a but)

Sure, sure I d/l the program, and started writing some ditties just for fun. Now I can read tabs and i can read notes from notation, but when it comes to the nitty gritty, Im lost.

I have attached my first try, and while its pretty ordinary, I think the advanced users may be able to give me hints where Im coming undone.

*If I add a new staff to a section, it seems if I want to play over my 'rythym' staff, my 'lead' can cut out whats happening in the 'rythym' staff. Hope that makes sense.

Ive also d/l a help file that was in the 1st few posts of this thread, but that doesnt work.

Im also having trouble repeating sections, and as you can see from my attached file, my bars are all over the shop.

If anyone could offer me any advice on these couple of points, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Feriss.
Attachments:
first one.zip
Best, you've got to be the Best. You've got to change the world, and use this chance to be heard.
Your time is now!
I didn't hear any problems with the playback like you said, it could just be your soundcard or something. In all the places with two parts simutaneously the voices were different anyway.

But your measures lines are a problem, the best way to remedy that would be to learn how bars are used in music, but for now just know that in order to make a section repeat you need to put the ||: and :|| bars around your section (the ||: at the beginning and the :|| at the end).

The score checker is a handy tool for finding where measure lines should be. It's the button with the green check mark on it.

~i3~
Thanks black magic... Ive sort of started getting a few measure lines happenin.. Ill update that file.
Best, you've got to be the Best. You've got to change the world, and use this chance to be heard.
Your time is now!
I got one for all u pros out there....where do i download powertab?? idk if its been said here but i didnt want to look through seven pages for one question so if it has been said on this thread then just tell me it has.......
later...
ROCK ON
E-||---------------0-----------||
B-||-0---------0--------------||
G-||---1----1-----------------||
D-||------2--------------------||
A-||----------------------------||
E-||----------------------------||
is there any way that you can convert tabs on powertab to normal tabulature?
Need.New.Sig.
how do you plug in a powertab attatchment
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
ok thanks^

is there any date or anything when the next version comes out?

although, i remember hearing a ptab song with percussion. i dont know how it worked, but i didnt save it, so never really checked for percussion