Page 4 of 15
It was like Weebl's drums probably. He just puts a MIDI snare drum or whatever in the bass score.

I just want to sleep forever.

Originally posted by GoodCharloteSux
how do you plug in a powertab attatchment

Zip it.

You have to get a MIDI to MP3 program to transfer it from MIDI to MP3.

With Audacity, you can open the midi (File/Open) and then export the file as an MP3. Then burn the MP3 on a CD.

You can also open a program like Sound Recorder or Creative Recorder and click record, then play the midi file. Stop the recording when the midi is done. Then you'll have a wav, which is easy to convert to mp3.

~i3~
I tried to do that with Audacity... It didn't work. It wouldn't even play the MIDI. Of course, everything to do with my music is fucked up on my computer, so it'll probably work for you...

well i have 2 guitar parts that i want to play together (they are different parts) when i do it, it plays one after the other and doesnt over lap them, how can i get it to do that?

and i added one of these things to make it repeat but it doesnt repeat?

|
o|
o|
|

please help
You need to add repeat bars at the beginning and end of the section you want to repeat.

In order to have two parts at once, you need to have a Gtr. In for each staff. So click on the red guitar button (upper right) and add a new guitar. Then click the Gtr. In button (upper right) and specify the new guitar for the second staff.

~i3~
^ Here's some help for you... learn how to use the edit button instead of making 3 posts in a row.

Please don't do it again.

Thanks.
In order to have two guitars at once you need to have the two staves attached to eachother. Select the staff that you want to have two guitars at once on, and click the button that has two staffs on top of eachother attached by a line

|==|
|==|

Then just write the second part on the new attached staff.

As far as 'let ring' goes, that button is for when you want to let two or more strings at once ring out, for example when you are playing arpeggios. To make a note last longer, change it's duration. You are probably entering in eighth notes, so make the note a quarter, half, or whole, depending on how long you want it to hold.

~i3~
how do you divide your song into different parts, such as verse and chorus etc. i can't figure it out.
click the very first note of the chorus,verse etc and click the 'r' sign in the top left hand corner.
Need.New.Sig.
i cant get the songs to playback for me. I dont have any special MIDI soundcards, just a normal one. I tried importing the Midi to the guitar tab already opened, but i dont know exactly what to do at each of the importing midi windows and then i get an error window at the end of the process.
Quote by nopoleon779467
how the hek do you sig stuff

Come know me in a different light now. Come know me as God.
Mine does that occasionaly, i just press stop click to where you want playbeack from and select 'play'
Member #4 of the Black Tooth Grin Dimebag Memorial Club. Pm Narmi to join.
#112 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Originally posted by slash_pwns
how do you simulate Rev. Guitar and 12 String? i can see the box there but i can never check it.

Not sure what you mena by rev. guitar, but if you want to tab a 12 string part, you have to have one standard guitar stave with a staff attached with the octave strings on it, or you can do nashville tuning (strings E-G tuned up one octave)
I just downloaded pt and it wont let me copy notes on to the actuall sheet music bars, what am I doing wrong?
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
You can only input notes on the tab part... If that's what you were asking...

well, i have a question...when i try to play the midi, the notes turn red, but there is no sound. not to mention, that the metronome is perfectly hearable...

what's wrong?
UG's #1 Shawn Lane Fan
Pm me to join the Fusion Shred club

Originally posted by ragethesage
Without punk music, alot of genres of music would be missing today.
have you put in the guitar in symbol in the correct places, if not the notes will be played, but it wont be heard because you havent told it what sound to make. Also mine does it sometimes so i just stop and restart until it makes some damn noise!
Strumming dosent exits in midi world but try this:
yea i know its sounds pretty crap but i was trying to emphsisie that losse strumming don't work...
Hey, I'm trying to Upload a powertab onto here how do I do this when I go to attach file..it says please use the specified following GIF. ZIP. etc. I want to up load it zipped..how do I do this?

Sorry for the stupid question..
Got it thanks

Wow the same question was answered on this same page...........

*kicks self in the ass
Last edited by Rob the Tipton at Mar 6, 2005,
Can you import already made tabs to PTE? If so, how do you do it?
Proud Member of the Libertarians R' Us Club
no, i hope there is a HTML import facility on the new version you'll have to type it out
Originally posted by Buddhabaron
Can you import already made tabs to PTE? If so, how do you do it?

you can only import midi files, and even then.. powertab tabs it out very chaotic.. hope the new version has some more import abilities

does anyone know when the new version of powertab is available?
A high melody rest puts a res in the regular melody, but if you decide to put in a low melody, a low melody rest puts it in the low melody.

If you don't know the difference, just put in high melody rests and forget about the low melody stuff completely.

OK scratch that, I worked it out, but how do you make a 2nd guitar play something only on the second time of a Segno? (in other words the passage to be repeated only requires a melody on the repeat, not the first time)

Thanks for helping, everybody, it's very much appreciated
i cant seem to get bends to work properly, im talking like, holding a bend while playing another note

-------------10--------10-------------
--12b(14)-------(14)--------(14)r12
-----------------------------------------

that sort of thing, if u can understnad what i mean.
Insanity is just a state of mind....