Is there a 1 * 12 cab that will distort well with 5watts running into it?

I want a 1*12 to go with the blackstar that I hope to get soon - I thought on the combo but after hearing the head with a 2*12 close to me I opted out cuz of the 10"!

Would a orange 1*12 cab do?

It be for metal and high gain stuff so ill be coupling it with a distx.

Basically: What 1*12 cab will suit metal well with 5 watts running through it?

I hope I have made things clear!

Thanks
Yano

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
tube + 5 watts = great classic rock and so on... not so much metal...

The HT5 is nice but if your wanting to push a speaker enough to really get the air moving your gonna need the head room a small wattage amp like that just wont supply. Which is why they generally make 120 watt metal beasts.. In most cases your tone is from the preamp not the power amp when it comes to metal.
Thanks. I really need a quiet amp though. Any suggestions of what might be best?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
You probably don't really want much speaker distortion either, if you're looking for typical metal sounds. Speaker distortion tends to get really loose and messy, which is great for blues and rock overdriven sounds, but not as much for tight metal sounds. Maybe look into a V30, or a clone?
Mesa Boogie Mark V 1x12 Thiele Cab? Any thoughts?

EDIT:Or this to save me an age of saving

Orange PPC112 Amplifier Speaker Cabinet

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Jul 16, 2009,