I'm going on holiday next week and want to be able to use my laptop all the time. I'm sure i heard about a laptop charger that plugged into the USB port and was like a compartment holding AA or AAA batteries which would charge the laptop. Think you could then recharge the batteries and use them again. I tried googling around for this but couldn't find it. Anyone seen one like this?
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
I don't think it quite works like that... Good on them if it does though.

SHEdit: I meant recharging other batteries with more batteries. This scheme is half-brained from the start, since as soon as you put a few double-As worth of charge in the lappy, that power goes into the lappy. To keep this working you'd have to immediately recharge the double-As and then the lappy is dead again...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jul 15, 2009,
Well you could have a few sets of the batteries so when one was dead you could use another then charge the dead ones for reuse. Anyway, has anyone got a link for anything like this?
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
It's unlikely. AA and AAA batteries carry far too little charge to be any real use for that. You'd wind up carrying several times the weight of the laptop in batteries to extend the battery life by a significant amount.