Well, I have had my Epi custom shop V for a while and didn't have a case I managed to score a good Epi case for only $20.00 but I wanted it to match my V so today I went to Auto Zone bought a spray can of Duplicolor vinyl dye/paint and made the case match the guitar.

The best part was the Epi logo starts right in the center of the case so I could leave it intact. I took it to the guitar shop with me later today and one of the customers wants me to so a high contrast silhouette of his guitar on the outside of his case. I'll be doing that this weekend.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 15, 2009,
looks cool
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Ooh, nice and clean. Looks really sophisticated, great job.
Tell me who's that writin'...
You should paint the bottom half of the pickguard black. Personally I think it looks kind of weird with the all white pickguard over it. But this thread is about the case...and I think that looks pretty wonderful!!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
You should paint the bottom half of the pick guard black. Personally I think it looks kind of weird with the all white pick guard over it. But this thread is about the case...and I think that looks pretty wonderful!!

You know, I was thinking the same thing they should have done the pick guard the opposite. If I could remove it easily i would repaint it. I might see if I can buy another pick guard and paint it then try and replace it next time I change the strings.

Thanks for the compliments. I was very surprised how clean the the line came out I really thought the paint with bleed because the tolex is not smooth but I really pressed down on the tape and when I painted I painted away from the tape edge so the paint wouldn't pool a the edge. I took the complete can of paint I almost thought I would have to run out and get another can. I have to say that paint/dye is amazing it covers well and doesn't chip like regular paint would. It would be great if you wanted to spruce up and old amp rather than recover it.

John
Yea definitely do some Black on the pickguard. Thats a seriously good job man, looks sweet. Im suprised it turned out so well with spray paint as well. But hey, whatever works!
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
love the black and white contrast. great looking guitar!
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Beautiful Guitar, and nice case too! Really Schenkerish lol.
Just Me, -NNC- Peace!
perfect case lol
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The V was an Epi Guitar of the month.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000302.html

I don't know why they went with the MS paint job and not refer to MS but The "Black &White" '67 Flying-V. I am not complaining though. It came with Gibson pups 496T and 500Rs. I read it supposedly has an alder body with a mahogany neck. All I know is it sounds and plays amazing. I emails Gibson about the pups and they said because it was a custom shop it could have Epi or Gibson pick ups. I am 99% positive they are original because the solder joints look original.

A note on the paint: It's made to use on automotive interiors. It's not really a paint but more of a spray on vinyl it dries fairly fast and bonds to the existing vinyl it doesn't seem to run easily. I think that's why it didn't bleed under the tape and gave a nice straight edge.

Edit: Someone PMed me saying Epi doesn't do Custom Shop so here is the Epi CS Logo from the back of the head stock.

I never noticed it before today but the stamp looks like they did two separate stamps half on the black and half on the white rather than use just one. Probably because they painted it two colors.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jul 15, 2009,
Might be a dumb question but... Do they still make Epi V's? I haven't ever seen one in person.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
As far as I know they still do the Korina V. I don't see the GOTH V listed anymore.

John
I like at alot...its a v....But the white pickguard kinda kills the black side...
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
I like at alot...its a v....But the white pickguard kinda kills the black side...

Whoa.. I didn't even notice the black...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Well guys, I agree with you on the Pick Guard not sure if I would paint the side over the black black. I was thinking of painting the white side black for the contrast but maybe painting the black side black might be better. I'll do a photoshop rendition and see what I come up with. Post it here and see how it goes over.

John
OK here is a very quick and a bad pic of the two way I could change the pick guard. Again I did a quick photoshop so it's not perfect.

John
Hm...thats definitely personal preference. option two matches the case and the headstock more but option one looks more...cooler to me. It's definitely what you like the most though.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I plan on just covering what ever side with automotive 3M Vinyl I use to make lettering. I have a nice shiny black material. That way if I sell the guitar I can peel it off and it will be all original. Who know I might do it one way and change it later.

John
I'm liking #1 personally. Great job on the case!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I'd just keep it as is. I think it looks a lot cooler that way.

Or if you can't do that (for some unknown reason), I'd go for number 2.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I would say #2, but try adding a poll its probably the best way to find out.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
MY mom says Option 2.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Quaned
perfect case lol

Why was that funny
Nice case it looks nice and I like choice 2.
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jul 16, 2009,