Anyone here have an ipod touch? I have a question about the battery life

So I have a jailbroken second generation ipod touch. The problem with it is that the battery life indicator is horrible. It's not accurate in the slightest.

Just this morning, my battery was at about half life. I play a few rounds of ishoot on it, and after about 4 rounds I get a message that my battery is under 20% (so according to the battery indicator, about 15 minutes of gameplay brings it down about 30%)

So then I stop playing ishoot and just listen to music. I look at my battery indicator again after about 3 songs and my battery life seems like it's almost halfway again??

Is anyone else's ipod like this?? Do you guys think it's a problem with my ipod? I only got it like 2 weeks ago and I'm thinking of restoring it to get rid of the jailbreak. All the features it unlocks are cool, but I'm feeling like my ipod is pretty damn unusable here. Even when I play tap tap revenge or mancala for about 5-10 minutes, my battery drops anywhere from 6-10% (According the numeric battery feature for jailbroken users). This is freaking ridiculous.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
oh alright cool I was getting worried because I thought my battery was just defective haha

Does anyone with an actual ipod touch have any input on this though?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I have a 1G one and what usually happens to mine is it will start out at say 20% and a pop up will tell me that but then when I look back at it five minutes later its back up to 50%
Where's Waldo?

yay
Yeah i do mines pretty inaccurate too i spend most of my time on ug on it which rips through tHe battery life but then i listen to music which recharges it back to halfway so i think its just telling you how long youve got left if you keep doing that certain thing
Alright thanks guys
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
the battery indicator is only an estimation when playing games and watching videos. it assumes if you keep doing it, the battery will die shortly, but if you turn off the game or movie it should go back to halfway.
Get a Zune.

/thread
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Quote by Marky_Mark15
Get a Zune.

/thread

ipod touch > zune

no argument.
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
Quote by IwantaTele
ipod touch > zune

no argument.

+everything Ipod Touch ftw

can the Zune go on the internet? with a FULL web browser exactly like what you find on a computer? i didn't think so... gtfo.
I think the Jailbreaking it might have something to do with the inaccurate battery bar.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
they all do this

play games and it drains the betteries

i think it guesses that youll be playing games more so the battery indicator is less or something

note: i know the above stement is totally wrong