Hey guys, I currently own the Ibanez RG4EXFM1 and the pick ups are

# Pickup Bridge: Ibz Inf4
# Pickup Middle: Ibz Infs3
# Pickup Neck: Ibz Inf3

If I change the pickups to EMG 81 and 60, will that greatly improve the tone if I use strictly a line 6 pod X3 live?
Improve tone? Well ... what's wrong with your current tone that you want to improve? The EMG's could have the opposite effect you want. Anyways, if you have plenty of effects on then pickups shouldn't make an awful lot of difference I don't think.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
No.

In fact you probably won't even notice it, your better of investing into a decent tube amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
No.

In fact you probably won't even notice it, your better of investing into a decent tube amp.

Uh.....

Yes, it will change the tone, but make sure that the EMGs give you the tone youre looking for before investing in them.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by JoePerry4life
No.

You'll notice, but it's not that big a deal. Minor tweaking may be required, but usually just EQ.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
it will make a difference, INF pickups are total trash. on my POD, i can hear big differences with different guitars. ignore the people saying you need a tube amp, the X3 is an excellent piece of gear. however, i would look at something other than the EMG's, with that setup, i think a set of dimarzio's would do you better. what kind of tones are you trying to get?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
before reading on, remember i know almost nothing about pod x3s

have you tried tweaking the tone on the pod first? when it comes to getting the perfect tone for a situation i usually start with getting the right amp/modeler(your pod for example) then tweak the effects and such, and then work on getting the right pickup combination/guitar

oh yeah, i remember seeing where someone NAILED steve vais tone by using the pod in stereo with two different tones put together, maybe you should try that? i'd be curious to tinker with it. i forgot how he did it, but it was on a youtube video i saw.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson