Page 1 of 4
Hey guys, I was just listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson, and I started thinking about how weird that particular song is. It's not really anything like his other songs, and the fact that E.V. does a solo in it is even more kerfuffling.

So I was wondering what solos you guys can think of- like, dislike, whatever- that don't really fit in, either to th song that they're in, or the artist.

I'll start with Beat It by Michael Jackson.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by JacobTheMe
The solo to "Sunshine Of Your Love" and "November Rain".

Really? I think November Rain fits quite well.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
november rain fit amazingly well
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Quote by Fryer Mike
Really? I think November Rain fits quite well.

The one in the middle of the song does, but the end one just completely killed the mood of the song.
Don't understand what's wrong with November Rain myself, it fits really well.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by goodlifebadlife
The solo in Heartbreaker by Zeppelin. Its an awful horrible disgusting solo in one of my fav Zep songs.

Yeah I always thought that too. God, what was he on?
Oh.. wait...
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
In some older Blink 182 songs, they have this interlude where Tom just strums the same chord for about 16 bars. Not every song needs a solo, but if you can't play one, why make room for one? It's a bit of a waste of time, really.
master of puppets!
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by goodlifebadlife
The solo in Heartbreaker by Zeppelin. Its an awful horrible disgusting solo in one of my fav Zep songs.

I love the solo!

but I agree they put it in the wrong song.. It's an amazing song before that..

and I think the solo to Beat it - Fall out Boy is misplaced.. 'cos in comparison to the Van Halen one, it's like a guy who's been playing a week, playing an experienced veteran..

(yes I know John Mayer did the solo.. I hate him )
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Raining blood by Slayer, Black Hole Sun has a pretty unfitting solo too!

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
Quote by will123456789
I love the solo!

but I agree they put it in the wrong song.. It's an amazing song before that..

and I think the solo to Beat it - Fall out Boy is misplaced.. 'cos in comparison to the Van Halen one, it's like a guy who's been playing a week, playing an experienced veteran..

(yes I know John Mayer did the solo.. I hate him )

You won't hate him after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89L86yWdWkg
No Sleep Till Brooklyn

I like Sunshine of your Love and Dani California
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
You guys don't like the heartbreaker solo? What? I didn't even realize it was possible. I was under the impression that the solo was universally loved. At least it is where I live.

But on topic I would have to say the solo in Paradise City. The craziest part of it is while Axl is singing and you can barely even hear the guitar unless you are listening for it.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
Quote by JacobTheMe
You won't hate him after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89L86yWdWkg

Haha, this vid is in my YouTube favorites, John Mayer is undeniably a fantastic musician, this is more proof than you'll ever need to show it

Don't think of your sister naked.

[You just did]
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Coming from the guy that likes the Jonas Brothers

Nothing wrong with the John Mayer but I can't take you seriously until you change your sig

Your point?

Just watch it, you won't see many performances as good as that one. I can pretty much say that as fact.

Also I love the Goo Goo Dolls, but "Iris" has lame solo. Still a great song though.
Quote by Twist of fate
The "Come Together" cover MJ did has him just screaming random words from the song. I believe at some point he said "You're a walrus cracka"

The solo in Walk by Pantera.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Twist of fate
The "Come Together" cover MJ did has him just screaming random words from the song. I believe at some point he said "You're a walrus cracka"

hahaha he does say you're a walrus cracka
Quote by JacobTheMe
The one in the middle of the song does, but the end one just completely killed the mood of the song.

OMFG Dude.
I feel they same way. it could've been one my favourite songs of all-time, but that solo at the end relegates it to just "great".
On the topic of whiney singers.

Quote by elliott FTW
But not Robb Flynn, he has epic vocal chords (they're made from barbed wire and gaffer tape).

Raining Blood
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Quote by ironmaidengirl3
Raining Blood

Yeah, Slayer in general. I've met Kerry King though, he seemed nice (and drunk).
Quote by heavymetal11
every song the the st.anger album.

lol wow take off your metallica avatar and listen to the album before making your oh so witty comment because there are no solos in the entire album
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, Slayer in general. I've met Kerry King though, he seemed nice (and drunk).

Lol
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Quote by DrPooh
Raining blood by Slayer, Black Hole Sun has a pretty unfitting solo too!

Black Hole Sun's solo was more of a lead, with a rhythm behind it.
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Quote by SinSyringe
lol wow take off your metallica avatar and listen to the album before making your oh so witty comment because there are no solos in the entire album

Fail.
Page 1 of 4