So I'm looking for new pickups for my stock epiphone SG G-special. Im running it through a Vox Valvetronix VT30 30W 1x10 Guitar Combo Amp. Not familiar with pickups at all. I play music that ranges from the Red Hot chillipeppers to rage against the machine. What do you guys think will compliment my setup nicely? price range is up to 225
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
how do you want to change your sound?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Amp isn't so bad, but a pickup won't make enough of a difference on that guitar to make it worth it.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by al112987
I suggest getting a better guitar and amp first.

+1. pickups aren't that important unless your running close to top of the line gear. Epiphone stock pups are actually pretty good, so don't worry about them unless you absolutely hate the sound.
Quote by JayLacelle
+1. pickups aren't that important unless your running close to top of the line gear. Epiphone stock pups are actually pretty good, so don't worry about them unless you absolutely hate the sound.

Give me some of whatever you were high on when you heard an epiphone pup and said "Hey thats actually pretty good!" Cuz that thing can REALLY alter your senses.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Get a new guitar. I have a Vox and its fine. Its the guitar that needs changing.

If you like the SG's, try an SG G-400. Unlike alot of Epiphones they are really good value.
Quote by JayLacelle

Quote by the1
Get a new guitar. I have a Vox and its fine. Its the guitar that needs changing.

If you like the SG's, try an SG G-400. Unlike alot of Epiphones they are really good value.

Buy eet noaw!!!! G-400.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
yeah if u have 225, save up a lil longer and get a better guitar, but if you definitely want pickups maybe seymour duncan hotrodded set
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Cool thanks for all the advice. I guess the main reason I want to buy new pickups is because one of the ones on my guitar broke.
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
Quote by JayLacelle

No, Epiphone humbuckers pretty much suck (except for the Elitists).

The P-90's aren't half bad, though.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Epi Elitist pickups suck too, but pickups are easy enough to change, what really matters is having a good guitar to put them in.
Quote by FloyDZeD
No, Epiphone humbuckers pretty much suck (except for the Elitists).

The P-90's aren't half bad, though.

epiphone pups do NOT suck. they aren't the best, but they are pretty decent. the clean tones i get from my epi 335 are great.