Okay, so any models you have played that have either not lived up to your expectations or exceeded them?

I went into a shop the other day and tried a few telecasters, with my eye on a 72 Deluxe. Never got to try the deluxe, but tried some Teles (Banja, Mexican, American) and was kinda dissapointed. Although I didnt plug them in, the thickness and weight of the body was a real shock, and they just didnt feel...expensive!
I also tried some Gibsons- an SG special and a Les Paul Standard. Both kinda sucked. The construction was shoddy- I could see glue marks, and they just felt cheap...

As for surprises, after replacing the pickups and setting up my Ibanez ART 300, I can safely say this is a f*cking fantastic guitar that I would happily rank highest in all the models I have played. The construction and binding are fantastic, and the bridge is the most comfortable thing ever. The Irongear pickups completely shocked me as well!!

Pic:

So, any stories you guys wanna share to forewarn us buyers?
PRS Custom 24's and custom 22's. I have not found one yet that beats my Carvin in feel and playability, and they're triple the price. Only tried a few, though.
let downs:
Kerry King Marshall Amp, just couldn't get into it
Cubes, they just sound stale to me
Non-Prestige Ibanez RG models, the ones I played had playability issues

surprises:
Gibson Flying V (why I bought it)
Monster Cables, I just never realized how much a good cable mattered
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.