Okay, I am writting a song, this one is the best ive done for the moment (havent thinked on lyrics yet) and really wanna make it perfect. The song starts with some arpeggios, a slow solo then supports those. The verse is an ordinary bass line and the chorus are some ''let ring'' chords. After the first chorus, there is some semi-fast chord movement. After the second chorus happens the same thing, just that this time there are more repetitions of this figure (the one of the semi-fast chord movement i am talking about) and then comes the solo (the extra repetitions are used as a transition for an acceleration in the tempo).

The song is in the key of C and I want the first figure to be a tapping section. First of all, what notes fit and second of all, should the tapped note (it is Eddie Van Halen style tapping) be a C?

If it is of any help, these are the power chords in the tapping section.

C D A A#

Any help appreciated.
ummm hearing the song would greatly help others help you because there are 1000's of power chord combinations between the chords C D A A# and tempo variations and so on
Quote by trendkill-
ummm hearing the song would greatly help others help you because there are 1000's of power chord combinations between the chords C D A A# and tempo variations and so on

the order is that one. The tempo is 160 and, each chord lasts a whole note in 4/4 rythm.
Hope that helped at least a little bit.
you'r going to make it a lot easier for yourself tapping if you move the whole thing down 1 semitone, that way you'll be tapping on B so can use the open B string quite easily, just a thught
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more