Hey all, just put this song together in garage band and wanted to get some feedback on it. I used all loops and tracks from what's in there because I'm away from my band at the moment, but we do plan on recording this song at some point, just like it is.

The song is called Tiki Tiki, and it's on our myspace:

Shoop Da Whoop on MySpace

As always, C4C
Last edited by Hippiemanguy420 at Jul 15, 2009,
First off.
Best.
Band.
Name.
Ever.

This song is very tasteful produced. The stereo mixing is great. Kudos to who ever did that. The bass line is very centered and groovy, the entire song just flows despite how much is happening at once.

Keep up the good work.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by Normul
First off.
Best.
Band.
Name.
Ever.

This song is very tasteful produced. The stereo mixing is great. Kudos to who ever did that. The bass line is very centered and groovy, the entire song just flows despite how much is happening at once.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you! It was all hand produced by me =D. I've been doing it for a while, just started letting people hear my stuff.

And your song is something I would pull off the shelf and buy, so right back at you
Quote by Hippiemanguy420
Thank you! It was all hand produced by me =D. I've been doing it for a while, just started letting people hear my stuff.

And your song is something I would pull off the shelf and buy, so right back at you

You use Garageband?
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by Normul
You use Garageband?
Yeah it's soooo easy to make awesome songz when your bands not around. Great for composing. I'm used to using Acid and ProTools, but since I got my new mac, I haven't really had the need to use anything more than GarageBand for what i wanna do.
sorry for the delay, i'm new and didn't figure out what C4C thing meant until i actually looked atthe rules. a senior moment.

thought your song was very well produced. seemed to be aimed at the grateful dead crowd and i'm sure they'd love it. how did you get the sitar sounding guitar?
Quote by Hippiemanguy420
Yeah it's soooo easy to make awesome songz when your bands not around. Great for composing. I'm used to using Acid and ProTools, but since I got my new mac, I haven't really had the need to use anything more than GarageBand for what i wanna do.

I use Logic Pro 8.
It's just studio quality GarageBand. Similar interface, reverse compatible, Mac friendly.

YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD
not TORRENT LOGIC PRO 8!
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Quote by monwobobbo
sorry for the delay, i'm new and didn't figure out what C4C thing meant until i actually looked atthe rules. a senior moment.

thought your song was very well produced. seemed to be aimed at the grateful dead crowd and i'm sure they'd love it. how did you get the sitar sounding guitar?
That was sampled xD, but I plan on replicating that sound eventually, you can get the stuff to do that online. I mostly use the computer for my production.
Quote by Normul
I use Logic Pro 8.
It's just studio quality GarageBand. Similar interface, reverse compatible, Mac friendly.

YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD
not TORRENT LOGIC PRO 8!
Haha will do, I would never do such a thing, ever. Sounds like pretty good software I would love to fork over $600 for =D
Quote by belpat
Nicely produced.
My feeling is that it's a little too repetitive, but hey, what's repeated is good, so...
Oh it's just in a standard pop song format, those are verses and choruses, i just haven't had the chance to record the vocals for it yet xD
Quote by Hippiemanguy420
That was sampled xD, but I plan on replicating that sound eventually, you can get the stuff to do that online. I mostly use the computer for my production.

ok thought it was real so good patch. i use a digital 8-track for my stuff. i'm trying to make sure that i can reasonably reproduce my stuff live although i won't be playing any of it any time soon.
Quote by monwobobbo
ok thought it was real so good patch. i use a digital 8-track for my stuff. i'm trying to make sure that i can reasonably reproduce my stuff live although i won't be playing any of it any time soon.
Sounds like it'd be pretty easy to reproduce live, I like it
I have no where to talk, because Im not to good at songwriting. But it sounds very good, VERY organized, witch is good in this instance. And it seems that every part is going together almost flawlessly.
Quote by Night_Warrior
I have no where to talk, because Im not to good at songwriting. But it sounds very good, VERY organized, witch is good in this instance. And it seems that every part is going together almost flawlessly.
Its deffinatly different, very good title for what it sounds like, I like it though(its like a hawiian Aribic mix( reminds me of Ackmed)). So what if it repetitive, its a song, somethings got to repeat sometime.
So your playing all those different insturments?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Its deffinatly different, very good title for what it sounds like, I like it though(its like a hawiian Aribic mix( reminds me of Ackmed)). So what if it repetitive, its a song, somethings got to repeat sometime.
So your playing all those different insturments?
The drums, bass, and sitar are all GarageBand loops, but I did the guitar, very simple guitar (I want to add a solo soon). This is just a demo, I'm away right now and my band's not with me, but as soon as I get home we're going to record this song. I use GarageBand mostly for composition.