Hey everyone, I've this problem with my Vox VT from quite a while now. Everytime I play, the sounds seems to die out a few seconds after I pick a string. Specially when bending. I tried the guitar on some other amps, and the problem seems to be the amp's problem.

My guitar is an Epi les paul with a couple of Dimarzio Bluesbuckers, so I'm thinking it's sustain ought to be at least decent.

Any ideas? What can I do?
Last edited by Fiberglass Gum at Jul 15, 2009,
No doubt a stupid question... but you are aware of the noise reduction control, yes? If the amp is new to you and you didn't know, if you had that turned al the way up it was sound like that.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Yes, that's the noise gate. I'm not in front of mine right now but i think I remember how to do it. With the effects OFF hold the tap button and turn down the Edit 1 knob. That will solve your problem.
Quote by steve108819
Yes, that's the noise gate. I'm not in front of mine right now but i think I remember how to do it. With the effects OFF hold the tap button and turn down the Edit 1 knob. That will solve your problem.

So yeah if it IS the problem, that is correct.... make sure your bypass light is LIT (effects off) to edit gate. Even if the edit knob appears to be turned down all the way already, as I'm sure you know it has memory so it doesn't mean its actually turned down all the way... just hold the tap and move knob any which way, then return to counter-clockwise position. I'm pretty sure noise gate saves when you write a channel, so you may want to re-write the channel you are using so you don't have to do it every time.

Sorry if you know all this haha
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."