hi!

i have a problem with my jackson dkmg tone pot,its like a dead spot just before i can crank it around to full...the distortion just kinda cuts out and you can relli notice it with the emgs....so i have the really annoying task of turning the pot to just before the dead spot.someone suggested that the pot was just loose and i need to tighten it but im not really sure how to.can anyone help me out and explain what to do?or is there an easy way to just leave my tone on full and bypass the pot?
cheers!
Last edited by brendancregan at Jul 15, 2009,
If the post is just loose you need to remove the knob and tighten the nut which secures the shaft. If the pot has a dead spot you need to have it replaced. It is inexpensive and simple to do yourself. If you do not know how to solder take it to a quality guitar shop (not GC) for repair.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
brendancregan.can anyone help me out and explain what to do?or is there an easy way to just leave my tone on full and bypass the pot?
cheers!

Tone pots suck. In general, take the wires off the tone pot and solder them together.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
Tone pots suck. In general, take the wires off the tone pot and solder them together.

will that work with emgs?