Hey guys!

My friend is in the market for an acoustic guitar. He's got $500 to spend, and he'll be doing a little bit of everything, so it's gotta be versatile and warm-sounding.

Hit me with some suggestions, and I'll pass it on to him!

Thanks.
+1 to the most versatile, budget friendly acoustic guitar that will serve purpose for everything,
THE SEAGULL S6!
another vote for the seagull original s6. while there are several s6's, i prefer the original. can't beat that cedar/wild cherry sound. in fact, i just put mine away in its case

Quote by Anathetic
+1 to the most versatile, budget friendly acoustic guitar that will serve purpose for everything,
THE SEAGULL S6!
Alright, well even without knowing if he wants electronics and if he's a beginner, there are some good recommendations. The S6 is a solid choice. Many acoustics you get around that price are going to be pretty good. Just tell him to be sure to save enough on the side to buy a hardcase, don't settle on a guitar that doesn't have at least a solid top, and if he doesn't want electronics, generally you'll get a better made guitar because electronics can raise the cost of an acoustic by100-200 dollars. (But also be sure that you don't want electronics because from me personal experience, I haven't found an after market acoustic mic that sounded half decent.)