I was thinking, is there a way you could somehow run an A/B/Y kinda deal but instead of amps, change what speakers you're using? Like, lets say I have an Avatar 4x12 with all Celestion V30s and another Avatar 4x12 cab with 2 Eminence Black Mountain 2 and Cannabis Rex in a full stack configuration, but I don't want to run 8 12 inch speakers at once. Is there a way to configure a pedal or a pre-made pedal to switch between the 2 heads.

Also, is there a way to run, say only 2 of your 4 speakers at once?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

In stereo, google it buddy
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
run two amps that are the same with same eq into each cab, and aby the amps, thats all i could think of

That's what I was thinking. However, isn't there a way to change like the voltage output/input of an A/B/Y box to adapt to a speaker cable load?

Quote by I am wet
In stereo, google it buddy

What?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

No this is not possible with a conventional ABY box because you would NOT want to send a powered signal through it. There are probably ways to do this, but not with a standard ABY box. My guess is that Radial probably has something to do this since they have a lot of this kind of stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No this is not possible with a conventional ABY box because you would NOT want to send a powered signal through it. There are probably ways to do this, but not with a standard ABY box. My guess is that Radial probably has something to do this since they have a lot of this kind of stuff.

Would this work? http://www.radialeng.com/di-jdv.htm

Better yet, which of these would work?

http://www.radialeng.com/re-products.htm
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

I don't think the DI would do that. I honestly don't know, but I really doubt that it would.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I don't think the DI would do that. I honestly don't know, but I really doubt that it would.

Surely someone else has thought of this, because if they haven't, then I'll publish this idea and get some money.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

There you go, right on!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by kyle62
This is what you're looking for:

Isn't this just for switching from one amp HEAD to another amp HEAD?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

i feel like using one amp and switching between differnent speakers would accomplish the same thing as using an EQ pedal. all a speaker really does for you is provide a "master eq" for your amp. i dunno though. im sure there is a way.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Matrixclaw saves the day...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by chea_man
i feel like using one amp and switching between differnent speakers would accomplish the same thing as using an EQ pedal. all a speaker really does for you is provide a "master eq" for your amp. i dunno though. im sure there is a way.

Wrong.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Actually...

This is what he's looking for:

Thanks man.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild