R Headphones just ****ty? I got a converter once, but it just sounded like ****.

Any way I could get headphones that would go through my amp and also work with my pedals?

Just for late night playing?
Where did you plug it into...?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.

Always wondered the same
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by I am wet
Where did you plug it into...?

I dono, it was either direct input or their is a headphone jack, it's been a while since I tried. And sound only came through 1 ear piece.

I have a fender frontman 25R and a pedal setup.
lol i love the title of this thread

edit:
in response to the post above mine.
Make sure the plug on the headphones, and the jack you're plugging into are the same.

If you're plugging stereo headphones into a mono jack, you're obviously not going to get stereo sound.

edit x 2:
re-reading your first post, the converter you got was probably mono.
Last edited by phoenix_88 at Jul 15, 2009,
If they sound bad, you're either using bad headphones or whatever you're playing through isn't that good. My GT-10 with my mom's $500 Shure headphones sounds amazing. But it sounds pretty terrible through my ipod headphones. It doesn't even sound that great through my V-Modas or Skullcandies.
Quote by JELIFISH19
If they sound bad, you're either using bad headphones or whatever you're playing through isn't that good. My GT-10 with my mom's $500 Shure headphones sounds amazing. But it sounds pretty terrible through my ipod headphones. It doesn't even sound that great through my V-Modas or Skullcandies.

any recommendations on good headphones? I don't wanna spend 500.

p.s. skull candies suck
Well they do have an excellent warranty. That's the only reason I keep using them. But you can definitely get better stuff for the price. But I wouldn't even bother if you're playing through a Frontman since it doesn't produce pleasant sounds on it's own. The high quality headphones will make a good system sound great. But they'll make something bad sound terrible. It's like playing a low-quality MP3.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jul 15, 2009,
^+1 @ skull candies suck

It all depends on the quality of your gear
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Last edited by Lekz at Jul 15, 2009,
I feel like I can get some sweet sounds from my frontman with mah pedals XD

It's prime like at 3 on the volume on the amp.
I use the Metallica Skull Candies whatever they are called. (I got them at the half off sale) Anyway they definitely sound nice and get the job done.
I've got a pair of sennheiser £20 ($32) headphones - they work fine. Did your headphones work ok with other things?

If you look at the headphone jack, its separated into 3 sections. The big one is the negative, the other two are the positives, one for each ear. If you've only got a mono socket on your amp the positive on the amp may only be connecting with one of the positives on your headphones - which would mean only one ear piece would work. You could try wiggling the jack to try and get it at a point where both positives are connected.
I use my dad's Boss headphones- The really good ones.
It sounds awesome, and it means I can crank the amp late at night, and not worry about other people waking up, or the headphones breaking.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
bought this 120 bucks set of headphones once of a decent brand (something like a 3 letter abbrevation with an A) for the exact same purpose. The jack was stereo but the only place it would fit in on my amp was the one where the speaker goes into, and that's mono. So I traded it in for something else and just stop playing after 10 AM.