I just got this tele http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0137702392
and it is not hot enough of a pickups, I have a few dimarzios lying around but the pickup space in the guitar is alot bigger, how do I get a normal size humbucker to fit in the guitar and not look all ugly, or is there after market pickup I can buy to put in that guitar
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
wait a tele slot for a single coil is larger than the humbucker??? neway... guitarfetish sells special humbuckers that fit in the lipstick tube slot in a tele
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
its the 1976 tele deluxe with the weird huge fender humbuckers
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by brownsfan456
wait a tele slot for a single coil is larger than the humbucker??? neway... guitarfetish sells special humbuckers that fit in the lipstick tube slot in a tele

1.- it has humbuckers. Whide Range, I think
2.- GFS makes pickups that look like those, and supposedly sound like them, but they are standard Humbucker size, so they are stil too small.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Get some normal buckers and they will fit.

no they won't. These were special fender pickups designed by Seth Lover, and they are bigger than standard Humbuckers. You might say "dude, you dont know, it's not your guitar GTFO". If you disregard what i say, the TS himself said that he tried popping some old dimarzios in and the hole was to big.

TS; i reccomend to check some seymour duncan custom pickups, because probably, for an extra fee, they can get some pickups to fit your guitar. Dimarzio is not an option because on their FAQ it's said they dont make custom pickups anymore.

Also, you could check out smaller manufacturers and see if they can use your pickups and wind them hotter or better

But, i think it would be easier to just get a pickguard blank, cut a new pickguard, and stick your own pickups in there.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 15, 2009,