Hi, I've been playing guitar for almost year now, and consider myself an intermediate player, but I have no idea how to transcribe a song. Whenever I want to learn something, I always come here to get tabs.

I want to learn to transcribe, to better my playing, but how would I go about learning and what songs should I start with?

The bands I like are in my profile.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
There's no particular way to start transcribing. It's just a question of listening careuflly, tryign to play along and when you hit a note that matches what's on the original recording, write it down. Rinse and repeat. Of course it helps to know where allt he notes are on the neck and at least be familiar with the basic major and minor keys. Eventually your ear will develop to the point where you'll be listening to a song you want to learn and right off the bat you'll at least be able to tell "right, this sounds like it's in the key of G Minor and that note there sounds like an A#".

Just... listen. Play. Listen some more. Play some more. There is no method to it, it's just a case of putting in the time. Starting off with simpler songs obviously helps to ease you in (you shouldn't need examples of what a simpler song is - just use your ears) but there's no great starting point.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Try an easier song that maybe is very repetitive, Its a great feeling when you figure out you first song! Also come on UG and ask people in the forums what key a certain song is in, many people in UG are idiots but not all!
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ