This has been on my mind for months now.
I dont own either a p or j bass but i've played almost every (fender) model you can think of. But I simply cannot decide which one I like better.

I have gathered that I like jazz necks over precision necks, but i'm not sure which pickup set i prefer. The deluxe precision is nice, with both the split coil and the single coil, but it doesnt really cut it for me.

Outside opinion, please?
I need to put my mind to rest.
The deluxe P has a jazz neck too... if that's any help.

What about the Stu Hamm urge? it has the jazz neck (I think) two J pickups and a p in between.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
The deluxe P has a jazz neck too... if that's any help.

What about the Stu Hamm urge? it has the jazz neck (I think) two J pickups and a p in between.

I havent seen that one in any store, so i havent had the chance to try one.
The deluxe is by far the way to go.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i personally like the sound of a p bass better, but the jazz body and neck are a lot nicer in my opinion.
Which is why i have an aerodyne
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Tatersalad1080
i personally like the sound of a p bass better, but the jazz body and neck are a lot nicer in my opinion.
Which is why i have an aerodyne

The aerodyne p bass?
I was looking at that. It seems really nice but i havent had the chance to play one of them either.

EDIT: I noticed in your signature that you own the aerodyne jazz, not precision.
sorry.
Last edited by joehhy at Jul 15, 2009,