So here I am Im still trying to totally get my preferences straight, i use .09s on my strat and .10s on my les paul. Now heres the thing i dont get, How did jimmy page pulll of using .09s? So im still confused which one yall prefer of course not talking to the people who use 6 wound strings haha. Finally, has anyone had any good things to say about pure nickel strings. Thanks guys I usually use Ernie balls if that helps at all
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
I like Ernie Ball strings... usually use 10's myself. It's all about how it feels to you, and which ones give you the tone you're after. pure nickel sounds kinda cold to my ears... some dig 'em though.
whoa whoa first of all never mock jimmy page honestly hes much better guitarist than 1) yourself 2) any metal guitarist 3) almost any other guitarist period JUst cuz he wasnt the fastest player doesnt mean **** cuz without him, clapton, hendrix and iommi, no modern rock would exist at all oh and john lennon hhaha
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
whoa whoa first of all never mock jimmy page honestly hes much better guitarist than 1) yourself 2) any metal guitarist 3) almost any other guitarist period JUst cuz he wasnt the fastest player doesnt mean **** cuz without him, clapton, hendrix and iommi, no modern rock would exist at all oh and john lennon hhaha

Hahaha what the ****?

Chill out
Quote by brownsfan456
So here I am Im still trying to totally get my preferences straight, i use .09s on my strat and .10s on my les paul. Now heres the thing i dont get, How did jimmy page pulll of using .09s? So im still confused which one yall prefer of course not talking to the people who use 6 wound strings haha. Finally, has anyone had any good things to say about pure nickel strings. Thanks guys I usually use Ernie balls if that helps at all

Page used 8's for a while during Zeppelin. By most accounts he has a very light touch. What would even make you more surprised is how low his action is said to be too. One of his techs has mentioned when he was working on #1 Page was the only who could play it without it buzzing.

and yeah relax, all he said was he used 8's!
Quote by brownsfan456

did i miss something? who "mocked" jp?
not me, but i'm thinking about mocking you now, mostly just because i expect you'll return fire with another lame, incoherant rant, which entertains me to no end... whatev, we all got our kicks.